Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

lets see your cb antennea mounts

Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Homebuilt out of angle iron and solid round stock.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
I'm sure that this is what you meant, but just to clarify the mount is grounded, but the antenna is not. Make sure to use one of the nylon isolating washers to insure that the antenna is isolated from ground.
That is correct the mount in my pic has 2 insulating wahers one above and one below the plate. The Wires center conductor travels inside the insulators but the coax sheild goes to the plate wich is grounded to the body by the mounting bolts.

I was talking about all of the peolpe who mounted theirs to the plastic part of the bumper or the the plastic on their license plate box. You can only do this if you have a coaxial ground kit. These still aren't as good of a counterpoise as a standard mounting plate.

Quick Reply: lets see your cb antennea mounts