Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Let's see your 2 inch body lift

Old 12-27-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let's see your 2 inch body lift

Dont know if there is already a thread for this, if there is let me know.

was looking into a 2" body lift instead of a budget boost. any feed back with pros/cons is appreciated!

I need all the info I can get.

Pics from the from all sides would be nice, just to get an overall idea of what my JK would end up looking like.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, there are FEW people with that much of a body lift on their Jeeps. The biggest body lift I would ever go with is the Rough Country 1.25" kit.
The best way to fit some 35s on your Jeep is to just slap on a Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost and be done with it.

I currently run a 2" Budget Boost on my rig and it works well with the BDS 5500 shocks. It actually makes my 33s look a little small. If I get the coin to move up to 35s, I would probably install a 1.25" Rough County Body Lift.
Highly likely I will stick with 33s for gas mileage.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by IcyFridge
FYI, there are FEW people with that much of a body lift on their Jeeps. The biggest body lift I would ever go with is the Rough Country 1.25" kit.
The best way to fit some 35s on your Jeep is to just slap on a Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost and be done with it.

I currently run a 2" Budget Boost on my rig and it works well with the BDS 5500 shocks. It actually makes my 33s look a little small. If I get the coin to move up to 35s, I would probably install a 1.25" Rough County Body Lift.
Highly likely I will stick with 33s for gas mileage.
yeah I've noticed, why don't a lot of people run a 2" body lift? is it bad?
Old 12-27-2011, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TreyJkOrlando

yeah I've noticed, why don't a lot of people run a 2" body lift? is it bad?
Previous jeeps needed to keep transfer cases closer levels to decrease angles so they benefited from bl's. The jk driveshafts are much better than previous years and can handle harsher angles. So no need for body lifts or transfer case drops. Due to other issues identified in other posts indicate shift issues. So no need do a bb or coil lift and enjoy.
Old 12-27-2011, 12:38 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by mjones
Previous jeeps needed to keep transfer cases closer levels to decrease angles so they benefited from bl's. The jk driveshafts are much better than previous years and can handle harsher angles. So no need for body lifts or transfer case drops. Due to other issues identified in other posts indicate shift issues. So no need do a bb or coil lift and enjoy.
I think the shift issues are just on manual trans right? the reason id go with a body lift is basically for install purposes. I feel like it's a lot easier.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by nicholsmf

My questions is, how does a body lift raise the center of gravity any different than a suspension lift? With a 2" body lift the body is 2" farther from the ground. With a 2" (true 2") suspension lift the body is 2" farther from the ground.
I'd actually think a body lift would affect the center of gravity less than a true suspension lift. Lifting just the body would raise less weight than the frame, motor, tranny, exhaust, etc.

I don't much care for them either, but to each his/her own.

Quick Reply: Let's see your 2 inch body lift