Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Lets see some ocer night parking

Old 05-14-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lets see some ocer night parking

I don't have a garage to park in and was looking for some ideas to park in overnight and to keep the birdshit out of the jeep while in the driveway. I was thinking about getting a carport or pop up to give it a quick cover. Lets see what you've done.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:26 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Bestop Trail Cover--Even stands up to hail that wiped out every roof in my neighborhood, and my Jeep's hood ...

Old 05-14-2010, 08:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ECHO
Damn.. Mark, Thats some serious HAIL!! The manufacturer of that cover should use that picture in there marketing!
yup...I have a bestop trail cover as well. WELL worth the 160 bucks. I would buy this product over and over again. And it goes all the way down to the bottom of the doors, so when they aren't they, you can still keep your jeep nice and dry
Old 05-14-2010, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I used to have the jeep brand one that doesn't cover the doors on my TJ. It would keep light weather out, but on a heavy rain it would collapse and you would have some water in the cab.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MADDOGsrfr81
I used to have the jeep brand one that doesn't cover the doors on my TJ. It would keep light weather out, but on a heavy rain it would collapse and you would have some water in the cab.
The water pools on top of the bestop one as well. But I have yet to get any water in the cab. However, I never let water sit on top of it for a long period of time. I always knock it off when i can
Old 05-14-2010, 10:12 AM
JK Super Freak

I kept a broom handle in my YJ so that the bikini top wouldn't fill up with water. Once they do, there is no way to get the water off, without drenching, you, the Jeep interior etc!

With that cover, how long does it take to put it on?

With my hardtop on, and freedom top panels out, I will put a bath towel over my seat, and stuff one end into the headrest area. I do this on each side. However, your sunvisor, roll bar, dash, windshield are subject to bird turds. I actually have bird shit on the inside of my windshield. It either had to come straight down between the windshield frame and sunvisor, or the bird was flying so fast that it came in horizontally.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by db99wj
... With that cover, how long does it take to put it on? ...
Five minutes off and on, if even that. The pooling water is a real issue. If too much pools on top, the seams spread and water will seep inside. Since I normally have the safari top on, it doesn't pool. No top and it will pool. And, yes, I have yet to successfully drain those 5 or 6 gallons or so without drenching myself and the Jeep in the process. There are stays/bows that can be added to hold the trail cover upright, but have never tried them. The safari top works quite well.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

anyone use a pop up canopy or a carport?
Old 05-30-2010, 12:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a metal 4 foot yardstick that I use. I made a slit in a tennis ball and covered the tip of the stick to protect the cover. Then I put the other end of the yardstick on the seat. When the cover is on, the device is just a little higher than the roof-line. This keeps the rain from pooling on the top. I also just set the two front freedom panels on and this helps as a secondary measure!

Quick Reply: Lets see some ocer night parking