Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

LED Headlights

Old 05-07-2012, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Headlights

Does anyone have the Trucklite LED Headlites? I like the smoked look but wanted to know how they compare to stock.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

x2 - I'd like to know before I spend $500 on them. I do like how they look!
Old 05-07-2012, 09:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have them...I absolutely love them. They look very tough installed, and the light output is awesome!

Trucklite actually posted a nice video showing their product vs stock - I would say it is a very accurate representation of how they work. Find it in this post:
Click me!

Last edited by totdoc; 05-07-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by totdoc
I have them...I absolutely love them. They look very tough installed, and the light output is awesome!

Trucklite actually posted a nice video showing their product vs stock - I would say it is a very accurate representation of how they work. Find it in this post:
Click me!
Are they easy to install? I know the directions for the J.W. Speaker LED headlights require you to expand the headlight retainer ring. That doesn't sound like it is easily accomplished. Do the Truck-Lite LED headlights just fit right in, use the adapter to plug them in and you're done?
Old 05-07-2012, 09:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by snags922
Are they easy to install? I know the directions for the J.W. Speaker LED headlights require you to expand the headlight retainer ring. That doesn't sound like it is easily accomplished. Do the Truck-Lite LED headlights just fit right in, use the adapter to plug them in and you're done?
Actually the JW speaker headlights just came out with a new model that doesn't require modification to the housing.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They fit right in total install time is about 20minutes
Old 05-07-2012, 01:15 PM
JK Newbie

Plug & Play

Stock:

Trucklight - low & high beam

Old 05-07-2012, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Blue Fin
Plug & Play

Stock:

Trucklight - low & high beam

Wow what a difference. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:16 PM
JK Junkie

I have them they're ok... If I had to do it over again I'd probably go with the JW speakers. Just some small picky things that I wasn't impressed with. They don't fit perfect out of the box, the pattern is "OK" at best, I've been using them since the first day they shipped and back then they impressed me because I was coming off of the IPF setup which is a huge improvement but over time I've begun to notice where these fall short. They are a lot cheaper than the JW's which is a huge plus but if you've got the cash go for it.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snags922
I put some electrical tape on the tabs of the factory trim ring to tighten up the fit, and I had to trim a TINY amount of plastic off the truck lite connector so it would lock into the factory harness. Otherwise, it was completely plug and play. About 20 minutes start to finish sounds about right. No bucket modifications needed.

Quick Reply: LED Headlights