Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Learning how to weld

Old 12-03-2008, 09:22 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Learning how to weld

I know this isn't a picture of a jeep, but I was so excited about what I got to do today that I thought I would share it here. In the past, I have always looked at welding as extreme and never really thought that it was something I could do, but today I finally got a chance to try it out myself! Thanks to Mel at Off Road Evolution, I was able to get a quick lesson on the basics of mig welding and then I got to spend some time practicing.

Here are some pics of my 1st attempts .... my scrap "art"

I had a lot of fun with this and hope to learn more in the future, including how to weld on the trail.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:31 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think WOL should have your work mounted on the JK somewhere
Old 12-03-2008, 09:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

If you look at it as art, kinda looks like 2 whales gettin busy Learning to weld is something I always wanted to do, congrats on having someone teach you. I have a welding machine at my disposel , but no one to teach me.
Old 12-04-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Junkie

cool!!!! nice welding, it looks like you're on the right track!!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 07:04 AM
JK Jedi

That looks great! I took an 8 week welding night course earlier this year and that looks better than anything I ever did.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:13 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks awsome, I have a hobby welder and it plugs into 120volt I am not sure of its capability. Anyone give me some advice on that.... I can not get 220v to my condo so I am stuck with what I got.

dan
Old 12-04-2008, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

WOL nice work , that looks as good as some socalled profesional welders welds that ive seen , keep up the good work , are you going to make something now?
Old 12-04-2008, 07:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I have heard that females are supposedly able to shoot better than males cause they have more steady hands, looks like this may apply to welding too.

Very nice work! Looks like the home shop needs a welding machine!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:07 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lijeepguy
WOL nice work , that looks as good as some socalled profesional welders welds that ive seen , keep up the good work , are you going to make something now?
actually, WOLette made the welds and not me.

Originally Posted by Ctimrun
I have heard that females are supposedly able to shoot better than males cause they have more steady hands, looks like this may apply to welding too.

Very nice work! Looks like the home shop needs a welding machine!
hey now, just because WOLette can weld way better than me and out shoot me with a .45 doesn't mean ya have to rub it in
Old 12-04-2008, 08:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Those are nice looking welds. They look much better than some of the welds I have on my JK.

Quick Reply: Learning how to weld