Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Lay back front seat

Old 01-15-2013, 12:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lay back front seat

Has anyone figured out a way to lean their front seats back more? I sleep in my Jeep quite regularly and would love to be able to sleep in my driver's seat and not have to lay down one back seat to sleep comfortably.

I tried searching and haven't been able to figure out a way to lay it all the way to back seat.

Pics and write-ups would be great.

Thanks y'all
Old 01-15-2013, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Whenever I sleep in my Jeep I just fold down the back seats, fill the gap with a pillow/blanket, put down one of the camping sleeping pads diagonally and fall asleep, works well for me and i'm 6'3". Just a thought. Unless you modify the reclining brackets on the front seat there is no way to put far enough. Hopefully someone else will chime in who has actually done this. Good luck!
Old 01-15-2013, 03:54 PM
JK Junkie

I'm only 5'5" so I can fit quite comfortably with just the driver's side rear seat down, and something stuffed in crack. I sleep in my the back of my Jeep extremely often, at least once a week, occasionally for a week. It's a hellova lot cheaper to sleep in my Jeep than to drive home and back to campus each day.

But yes, I am referring to if anyone has modified the reclining brackets to allow seat to recline back further.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:51 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Delux2769
I'm only 5'5" so I can fit quite comfortably with just the driver's side rear seat down, and something stuffed in crack. I sleep in my the back of my Jeep extremely often, at least once a week, occasionally for a week. It's a hellova lot cheaper to sleep in my Jeep than to drive home and back to campus each day.

But yes, I am referring to if anyone has modified the reclining brackets to allow seat to recline back further.

I'm going to try and revive this thread. Has anybody came up with a solution? I'm going on a road trip from Florida to West Virginia to see the family and want me or the GF to be able to sleep in the passenger's seat on the trip.

Quick Reply: Lay back front seat