Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Kuwait massive storm

Old 04-22-2008, 07:09 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crazy storms over there. Glad we don't have them here. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=dmarco1103;452334]I was there in 2003 right before the war, then we transferred over to Iraq. But I remember those storms very clearly. I used to try to take pictures because I knew no one would belive me but they never really caught the effect of it like your pictures do.

Ditto on the pics- I will never forget those storms in '03 when the sky turned Orange in the middle of the day. Nice job.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Q8
My brother has mobile shops in the camps, and hes mostly in camp arifjan. cool hehe. Did you go outside the camps? because now i heard the soldiers arn't allowed to go out of the camps. y i don't know. to bad your not here now we would go cruising in the jk's hehe.
Yes, I was fortunate and able to go out of the camp right before we shipped back home. We got to go to the mall and the beach. It's a beautfiul conuntry. My unit supplied fuel to the 3rd ID so we were driving around a lot anyways in an official status.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:56 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dmarco1103
Yes, I was fortunate and able to go out of the camp right before we shipped back home. We got to go to the mall and the beach. It's a beautfiul conuntry. My unit supplied fuel to the 3rd ID so we were driving around a lot anyways in an official status.
Glad you like, you were okay with the heat? you should see it now its getting much more hotter. And many new things were built, its getting advanced in a slow pace. But its getting better and better.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:57 AM
JK Newbie

Glad you like, you were okay with the heat? you should see it now its getting much more hotter. And many new things were built, its getting advanced in a slow pace. But its getting better and better.
I wouldnt say I was ok with the heat. I adjusted somewhat. The heat in Iraq was more tolerable because it was dry, but the humidity in Kuwait was killer. Unfortunatly we lost a few from heatstroke. I could only imagine how miserable it is now if it has gotten hotter.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:05 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dmarco1103
I wouldnt say I was ok with the heat. I adjusted somewhat. The heat in Iraq was more tolerable because it was dry, but the humidity in Kuwait was killer. Unfortunatly we lost a few from heatstroke. I could only imagine how miserable it is now if it has gotten hotter.
Iam sorry to hear that. Its now 44C today and its not may yet. Its getting very hot. The heat is a killer, very unhealthy since you get in the car and full AC and then from the cold you go back out to over 50C and then back again home where its cold. Very sickening.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Iam sorry to hear that. Its now 44C today and its not may yet. Its getting very hot. The heat is a killer, very unhealthy since you get in the car and full AC and then from the cold you go back out to over 50C and then back again home where its cold. Very sickening.

We drove the old school five ton trucks which had no ac, and the heat from the engine block would blow into your face as you drove. It was always another 5-10 degrees hotter inside our truck than it was outside. Goodluck with the heat, I know it can be killer.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Ridiculously cool photos! Insane how its just like a wall! Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:21 AM
JK Freak

Update, just fresh today. I was taking in my jk for the steering shaft replacement, so i handed it in and iam getting ready to get in the rental impreza, sit down look in the rear view and wham, it hits me. Dust!!! I got in the car at 12 and 3 hrs later am home were usually it takes only 20mins. on the radio they said we should be getting a storm we never had. I got a few vids while driving, but just got home and nothing yet, no storm only orange dust. Its as dark as it would be at night rite now. all lights are on. offcourse as always it looks much better in the vids, but trust me its scary!

Quick Reply: Kuwait massive storm