Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Kinda cool....good news

Old 07-24-2008, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinda cool....good news

I was able to make contact with the guy who traded in my JK that I bought last month from a dealer. The State of Oregon sent me the title and it had his name on it...so I googled him and was able to make contact. Pretty cool since he had the "special" socket for the locking lug nuts. I'd be SOL in case of a flat.

The cool part was he gave me a rundown of all the stuff he's done. I was wondering why everyone was complaining about the gearing with 35's and AT. He had already changed to 4.88's. No wonder why I wasn't disappointed. I'm sure glad I found out before I ordered a set and had them changed out!

He also has Tom Woods driveshafts both front and rear...which I couldn't tell from looking since they don't have a brand name on them...

He ran thru a few problems he had corrected under warranty that I didn't know about. Anyone know if a dealer would be able to print out a list of all repairs done under warranty?

The only existing problem I'm aware of is the flange on the rear u-joint at the diff is rubbing on the fuel tank skid cover during full flex. He mentioned that the rear trackbar bracket that came with the RE kit, caused the rear axle to jut out too far (drivers side) so he took it off. He said RE knew about the problem. Anyone else know any info on this? Will a rear trackbar re-locate correct the rub problem of the u-joint flange?

Thanks for all the info on here.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

are you gonna show, or just tell?
Old 07-24-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
are you gonna show, or just tell?
X's 2.....................................
Old 07-24-2008, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Good stuff, but like above:

Old 07-24-2008, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Okay...Okay...

I've posted some of these already, but here ya go...

Old 07-24-2008, 11:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

noice!
Old 07-24-2008, 12:04 PM
JK Freak

VERY NICE
Old 07-24-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Freak

Let me get this straight - someone traded THAT in? Are they crazy!!!??? Sweet find! I am a little jealous.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rubiRI77
Let me get this straight - someone traded THAT in? Are they crazy!!!??? Sweet find! I am a little jealous.
Yep...that is what I was waiting for. Someone who dumped a bunch of money in it, then sold it. I was surprised the dealer didn't have it marked way up. I found it on Craigslist the day before I was going to buy another, completely STOCK rig. Woohooooo....
Old 07-24-2008, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice. Did he say why he traded it in?

Quick Reply: Kinda cool....good news