Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Kilby Enterprises Belly skid, gas tank skid, and new exhuast

Old 01-28-2009, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kilby Enterprises Belly skid, gas tank skid, and new exhuast

Finally decided to show everybody my exciting new armor I installed on my JK. Brad Kilby and the boys at Kilby Enterprises were nice enough to hook me up with one of their prototype gas tank skids at a extremely reasonable price. After some sanding, priming, and painting it turned out super sexy. Also pictured is my oil pan/tranny skid and my new t-case skid from Kilby. I think it all goes together very well I also included a couple pics of my new exhuast as well, courtesy of Flow Master and Mike and co. at Exhuast works here in Tucson.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

how do you like the Hushpower muffler? and do you have any sound clips of it? I was thinking of trying the same thing, but I can't find anyone that has a sound clip of one. Skids look good. Didn't the kilby engine skid have wings that bolt to the side of it to protect the cats though?
Old 01-28-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by afoulk
how do you like the Hushpower muffler? and do you have any sound clips of it? I was thinking of trying the same thing, but I can't find anyone that has a sound clip of one. Skids look good. Didn't the kilby engine skid have wings that bolt to the side of it to protect the cats though?

You can add wings to it, but I'm installing the RE Long Arm on my JK and the side skids would be in the way. The exhuast is a little throaty but not as bad as the Banks I had installed previously. I did it because I like the added clearance in the rear and it also opens the door for a certain off-road evolution product
Old 01-28-2009, 05:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Nice looking skid plates.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nice skids. Any install issues? How's the clearance around the exhaust cross pipe?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

sexy is a wonderful way to describe that.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Leonard Massi
How come no body does any sort of a recess for the bolts? You know so they don't sheer?
good question, why does in tlook like some are recessed and other arent

good it does look good as hell, i really like those skids

and i am also interested in the hushpower exhaust. last time a talked to Bulldog Fab (Mitchell), he had one he was fixi8n to install on AZ templars rig i beleive

he told me it sounded great and was thoaty aswell. when i go see him in apri i will prbably have it installed too
Old 01-29-2009, 02:49 AM
JK Jedi

Looking good!
Old 01-29-2009, 04:03 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Roxster
Nice skids. Any install issues? How's the clearance around the exhaust cross pipe?
I cross pipe is extremely well protect up until it begins to angle up at each side. That's what the side skids that can be purchased are for.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:07 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Leonard Massi
How come no body does any sort of a recess for the bolts? You know so they don't sheer?
Most of them were but some of them were what was holding my OE t-case skid and I reused them for now. I'm not too sure why Kilby didn't opt for recessed all around, but the skids work just fine.

Quick Reply: Kilby Enterprises Belly skid, gas tank skid, and new exhuast