Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Keep or ditch the light bar?

Old 12-17-2016, 02:53 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keep or ditch the light bar?

Friend gave it to me after he sold his jeep just wondering... light output is awesome and zero wind noise.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4235482104.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	686.1 KB
ID:	663019  
Old 12-17-2016, 04:14 PM
JK Newbie

Free and useful. I'd say it's a keeper. It looks pretty good too.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say ditch it, screams mall crawler. Takes away from the awesome hood also.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Horsebeater
I say ditch it, screams mall crawler. Takes away from the awesome hood also.
You've obviously never wheeled hard at night if you think having leds make you a mall crawler.
I do probably 75% of my wheeling at night and let me tell you, I wouldn't be out there if leds weren't around lol.

Op: I'm confused with what your question is about, you've listed nothing but pros, what are the cons that make you question having it?
Old 12-17-2016, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
You've obviously never wheeled hard at night if you think having leds make you a mall crawler. I do probably 75% of my wheeling at night and let me tell you, I wouldn't be out there if leds weren't around lol. Op: I'm confused with what your question is about, you've listed nothing but pros, what are the cons that make you question having it?
I've wheeled once or twice at night. Let me tell you, no one likes the guy with 500 led light bars on the night run.
My rock rig.....

Name:	image-1782894777.jpg
Views:	342
Size:	609.1 KB
ID:	663021  
Old 12-17-2016, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Like this chuck?

Name:	image-806491747.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	663031  
Old 12-17-2016, 09:30 PM
JK Junkie

You've obviously never wheeled hard at night if you think having leds make you a mall crawler. I do probably 75% of my wheeling at night and let me tell you, I wouldn't be out there if leds weren't around lol. Op: I'm confused with what your question is about, you've listed nothing but pros, what are the cons that make you question having it?
Looking like a mall crawler lol, function wise it's awesome and I should be able to run my soft top with it compared to the windshield, probably will have an excuse to be front of the pack at night now.

Name:	image-2193873497.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	471.9 KB
ID:	663033  
Old 12-18-2016, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

you can allways turn it off when you don't need it or its bothering someone. Lots of times with my jeeps ive needed the light or at least it was beneficial. Especaily with the lame headlights that come on jeeps.
I've wheeled once or twice at night. Let me tell you, no one likes the guy with 500 led light bars on the night run.
My rock rig.....
Old 12-18-2016, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've wheeled once or twice at night. Let me tell you, no one likes the guy with 500 led light bars on the night run. My rock rig.....
No one in my groups has a problem with the guy behind them having light bars on. It's really a non issue in my opinion.
We come from completely different areas though, where I would assume you run very open terrain with some rocks, most of mine is wooded east coast terrain that consists of creek beds, waterfalls, and hillclimbs.

Op: who gives a shit if your jeep looks like a "mall crawler" or not. That light bar would make no difference to that anyway.
Old 12-18-2016, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

No one in my groups has a problem with the guy behind them having light bars on. It's really a non issue in my opinion. We come from completely different areas though, where I would assume you run very open terrain with some rocks, most of mine is wooded east coast terrain that consists of creek beds, waterfalls, and hillclimbs. Op: who gives a shit if your jeep looks like a "mall crawler" or not. That light bar would make no difference to that anyway.
He was asking for opinions so I gave mine.
I also don't like the hi-lift in that same location.
Very nice Jeep by the way, I really like the color.

Quick Reply: Keep or ditch the light bar?