Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

KC Slimlites on MBRP or KC windshield brackets

Old 01-23-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KC Slimlites on MBRP or KC windshield brackets

This will show you what KC Slimlites will look like on the MBRP or KC style windshield light brackets this should also work for lights like the PIAA 520's or similar slim style 6" lights as well as brackets that mount up and in as opposed to the mopar/smittybilt down and out style.

Ok first off a big shoutout to Skippman for his write up here The-Definitive-Windshield-Light-Installation-Write-Up with out that I couldn't have done it. Okay I could have but not near as easily.

So here are the stats as I hate it when someone posts pics without telling anything about the Jeep. 2007 X unlimited with 2.5" Teraflex coil lift with shock adapters with 1" Teraflex coil spacers on rear, spider traxx wheel spacers, and Fierce Attitude Mud Terrains 265/75R16 on the upgraded 16" rubicon look a like rims. The lights used are KC Slimlites in black 55 watts in a driving beam pattern (originally was going to do long range but guy at store talked me out of them as he said these will provide more side lighting as in ditch to ditch and he told me I should not get anymore hood glare then I would have with the long ranges...we will see I guess). They are mounted on the MBRP windshield lights thanks Stan at NorthRidge4x4.ca

The install was super easy the included harness, relay, and inline fuses were awesome I have never installed lights before but am pretty mechanically/electrically inclined but really assumed this would take longer. The only wire I had to extend was the trigger wire from the Highbeams as I wanted the lights to be on only when the Highbeams were.

Anyway here they are:

Here is where I installed the switch no points for originality but a high score for functionality and apperance as well as ease of install.

Now for those of you wondering how much visibility you are losing.

Drivers Side from steering wheel:

Passengers side from steering wheel:

And lastly here is where the antenna makes contact with the passenger light. I did put some heat shrink tubing on the antenna and that should keep the light from damage but on the short test drive I did it was noisey so I will have to come up with something for that.

My Jeep has no insurance for the winter so I wont have any night shots for awhile unless I get brave feel free to ask any questions but reallly there should be none again use Skippman's write-up and you should be fine.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good write up. This has been next on my purchase list for a little while now. I have always wondered about the visibility loss when installed, but from what your picture shows it doesn't look too bad. I feel, however, that it will still bother me a little bit.

Can u drive on the road with those on?
Old 01-23-2011, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Yes and no

I live in BC Canada and from what I could tell is if your auxillary lights are tied into your highbeams to only be on when they are, then you are good to go. The guy at the store told me that anything 55Watts and under is legal and dont need to be covered however I have not been able to find that on the government website. However the other rule I found on the government website is that the lights must be 1.06 Meters from the ground. So to a certain extent my lights are legal. Only time will tell.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:24 PM
JK Freak

i didnt like the kc mounts cause it put the lights in and up.. blocking some view in your windshield..

Quick Reply: KC Slimlites on MBRP or KC windshield brackets