Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

KC Light Covers - Like 'Em or Not?

Old 06-18-2009, 04:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DiscoDave
I just put on some red and black light covers for my KC Slimlites. Let me know if you like them or if it would look better without them. Here's a "before" and "after". (also, removed my stickers after seeing other jk's without them. think it looks cleaner).
Thanks!

Before:

After:

I like it w/out them but on a side note for your red and black theme have you thought about line-xing your front window frame black? think it would looks sweet
Old 06-18-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got both, the yellow smiley face and the red/black KC

I like the red/black better

JIMBO
Old 06-18-2009, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like'em...keep them on
Old 06-18-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

Another from Maryland...Like both looks. Change is good! Little things keep you interested when there aren't any big mods to do...
Old 06-18-2009, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I don't think they look bad at all.
I've got a set of the identical red on black 6" ones for my windshield lights in the back of the Jeep just in case I get stopped in some state that requires them to be covered.
As a rule, I just don't like any covers on the KCs, they are much better looking without them. I've tried them with white, red, black, yellow letters and it just looks better with no cover. Just tinted my FabFour bumper mounted fog lights with yellow Aerotech protection vinyl film and I might even try it on the 8" Rally KC driving lights.

Old 06-18-2009, 04:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just keep em. They don't look bad. You ever get hassled by the cops you can put them on. I got the long range daylighters with the hard smiley face covers on the windshield. I leave them on just to protect against rocks.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:16 PM
JK Newbie

Before I saw the pictures, I was going to say without, but they actually look good on your jeep. I would keep them on during the week and then for the weekend rides, take em off. Best of both worlds!

BTW, what light bar do you have on your front bumper? Didn't see it in your sig. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cvjoint
Take the white KC logo off with finger nail polish remover.

Looks good! Actually, I had a similar idea. I took out my Flame Red touch-up paint and painted the white "KCs" to match the paint on my JK. It looks pretty good. I'll post pics tomorrow.
Old 06-18-2009, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

[QUOTE=BTW, what light bar do you have on your front bumper? Didn't see it in your sig. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

It's a Procomp light bar. I don't remember where I got it from but here's a site that has it:

http://www.alljeepstuff.com/product_...398g61hl6q4cd1
Old 06-19-2009, 02:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default New Pics

Alright, I painted the "KC" part of the light to match my factory paint (decided to take the light covers off for now). What do you think?

Quick Reply: KC Light Covers - Like 'Em or Not?