Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: How do you like the decals?
love them!
60.50%
hate them!
12.18%
need other matching decals to look right
10.50%
need to make slight changes to them
7.14%
other.......
11.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Just Ordered Throwback Renegade Decals!

Old 03-02-2011, 11:01 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude those look super sweet. Can't wait to get a set just like them!

Last edited by ninjajmoney; 03-02-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thelouv
Unfortunately, air bubbles do not go away. If you would have put it on "wet" as in teamgreen666's method, remaining moisture bubbles can dissipate. But air stays trapped so get your needle out! Do not use the edge of a razor tho, because as the vinyl sets & changes over time, the slits created by a razor point will open up. Also do not warm it up because that will allow the vinyl to be too soft and could deform the bubble when trying to push out the air. Keep it simple, roll you finger over the bubble from one end to the other poking the needle at the edge of the other end of the bubble. Kinda like getting all the toothpaste out of the tube.

Good look for the JK!
Thanks, I didn't think I had the type of material that I could apply with the wet method... guess I was wrong. I got out the needle last night and popped away... it is much better now but I think I stretched the vinyl out in some places when I applied it dry- lesson learned, but its good enough now that I'm guessing I'm the only one who will see it.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by George F.
Thanks, I didn't think I had the type of material that I could apply with the wet method... guess I was wrong. I got out the needle last night and popped away... it is much better now but I think I stretched the vinyl out in some places when I applied it dry- lesson learned, but its good enough now that I'm guessing I'm the only one who will see it.
Yeah, mines the same way I can tell where I stretched it a lil in 2 places, but nobody else can see it until you show them the line waves.No bubbles though
Old 03-07-2011, 08:49 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DARB
Thanks!!! I appreciate the compliment!!
DARB:

Where did you get your decals? I 've been wanting to do this to mine but didn't want to spend $300.00 for them. Can you PM me with info?

Thanks.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on the rubicon version, I've actually been thinking about this for the last couple of months and when I ran across this thread I almost crapped myself with joy! Pretty awesome to think that so many people are on the same wave-length. This is the most awesome sauce sticker ever, I think I'm gonna do a chrome grill too for the complete throw-back look.

Originally Posted by dp7197
I really like the old school stickers. I think the one along the sides of the hood (yellow Jeep) were on 72 and 73s and where it drops down were 74 and 75s.

I actually made up on that was similiar to the one on the yellow CJ that said "Wrangler" instead of Renegade in the same old script.

I think new ones that say Rubicon would look good also.

Last edited by jpthunder; 03-19-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks great! Here's the perfect song to crank out while sporting the retro look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMRYLVTUswU
Old 03-20-2011, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

It got warm enough today and I couldn't wait any longer. Threw mine on today. They came out great! Now just to remove all of the other stickers and get the slotted mag wheels.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have to admit I was skeptical at first, but after seeing these Renegade decals they are growing on me. I do think getting retro style wheels would bring out the old school theme better. I like em!! Unique looking Jeep.

And I would suggest some Doobie Brothers playing on an eight-track...lol

Young guys are thinking...Doobie Brothers??? Eight-Track???
Old 03-20-2011, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mud Pie
And I would suggest some Doobie Brothers playing on an eight-track...lol

Young guys are thinking...Doobie Brothers??? Eight-Track???
I'm old enough to remember both.
Old 03-20-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I remember my dad bought a brand new Renegade right out of the show room with over size tires and white spoke steel wheels and I believe he paid around 3500 bucks with the v8 3 speed. It was awesome!!! And It was orange,so when I bought my Sun burst orange Jk about a year ago I through some on kinda a reminder of the CJ he had.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8181.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	140039

Quick Reply: Just Ordered Throwback Renegade Decals!