Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: How do you like the decals?
love them!
60.50%
hate them!
12.18%
need other matching decals to look right
10.50%
need to make slight changes to them
7.14%
other.......
11.34%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Just Ordered Throwback Renegade Decals!

Old 02-04-2011, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PM me

Originally Posted by ninjajmoney
Also, if you don't mind telling me how much you paid for them and where you got them.
I got them custom made and shipped for $51.95! the replacement ones made for the original renegades are 300$. PM and I'll send ya the email and my order number to reference
Old 02-04-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by '470
You have to blast Styx the first time you drive with them on
Which song?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4fit?
I've always liked DARBs setup.
Thanks!!! I appreciate the compliment!!
Old 02-07-2011, 08:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Crappy weather here too. For what it's worth, try to do them in at least 60 degree temp. Premask will come off much easier without wanting to pull the graphic up.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Although looking again at your pic of the graphics, they appear not to have a premask. Hmmm, I have come across some companies doing kits without premask lately. Actually reinstalled a Shelby Mustang racing stripe recently for the local Ford dealership that came without. Be careful with your squegee not to scratch the vinyl. If you don't have a friction sleeve for your squegee, wrap a paper towel around it and keep it free of dust and stuff that would drag across the graphic like sand paper when installing. Sorry for rambling but I am very anal when doing graphic installs.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thelouv
Although looking again at your pic of the graphics, they appear not to have a premask. Hmmm, I have come across some companies doing kits without premask lately. Actually reinstalled a Shelby Mustang racing stripe recently for the local Ford dealership that came without. Be careful with your squegee not to scratch the vinyl. If you don't have a friction sleeve for your squegee, wrap a paper towel around it and keep it free of dust and stuff that would drag across the graphic like sand paper when installing. Sorry for rambling but I am very anal when doing graphic installs.
I agree!!! I have been doing vehicle graphics for 10+ years and I am also anal about getting it right. Design must be good so the fit is perfect, cut must be done on a good plotter to ensure proper weeding, masking job must be done right with no bubbles and this also protects the graphic while installing, then comes the application. Any step in the process can ruin the step. Therefore ruining the entire job. When I sell graphics kits (like my renegade) I always send two of everything at the same price to cover goof ups. Also, it is almost impossible not to scratch the vinyl without masking paper. I wouldn't want to try it especially if it's a first time install!?!?
Old 02-08-2011, 09:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08JKRHD
Its raining here so I'm gonna have to wait to get them on, but they're here
Those will look great on your white Jeep. I actually considered those same stripes when I was contemplating a retro look.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

DARB, we need to talk sometime! PM me a phone #. I'd be interested in finding out more about exactly what you do and or sell. I am more of a mobile installer catering to car dealers and collision shops. Operating since 1986 here.
Old 02-09-2011, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

Default Installed

I got them on today!Sorry for the teazer pic... I'm gonna get the Jk cleaned up and take some "Glamour Shots" the weekend. Let me know what you guys think!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	renedgade decal installed.jpg
Views:	623
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	125721  
Old 02-09-2011, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sweet!!! How much did you have to cut out of the middle, or did 39" work out?

Quick Reply: Just Ordered Throwback Renegade Decals!