Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just ordered my Longfield Super Axles today!

Old 07-16-2009, 02:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats, hope they work out! With those tires you need them.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Kewl, I'm gonna get some of those so I can run 40's on my d-30. Should be indestructable then .
mkjeep, thank you for the humor I've got alot of $ in my Jeep and it's still no where near where I would ultimately like it to be. Spending $8k+ on a front Dana 60 is just not in my cards right now and even though this upgrade isn't anywhere comparable to a Dana 60 upgrade, it shouldn't be discredited.

This upgrade is just another part to help what I have last a while longer. Like WOL pointed out (and I said earlier in this thread), the weak point of the axle is just transferred to the next weakest link. Though hopefully by not having u-joints that tend to bind, my chromoly shafts won't flex as hard as WOL's did causing damage to components that are not inexpensive to fix.

Last edited by JPTwinz; 07-16-2009 at 08:00 AM. Reason: typos
Old 07-16-2009, 07:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Lo2aY
Yea it depends on your options.. I paid near 10k for the front I hope mine never breaks

JPTwinz

when do we get a side by side pic of my jeep yours and Scott's? It would be nice to have a giant run

BTW... I think you have the nicest wheel and tire combo on this forum congrats on the shafts
Lo2ay....you're not that far away from us, you should try to come down sometime!
Old 07-16-2009, 07:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Though hopefully by not having u-joints that tend to bind, my chromoly shafts won't flex as hard as WOL's did causing damage to components that are not inexpensive to fix.
for the record, when my shaft broke, i was just climbing straight up a stupid rock that decided to roll out from under my tire and when my spinning tire dropped down and bit onto the solid ground below - BANG!! bind and flex had nothing to do with my break - just too much torque with too big of a tire on a shaft too weak to stand up to the forces it was being subjected to. after playing really hard for over a year and a half, i really would have tought and wished my u-joints would be the first to go but unfortunately, they held up too well and ultimately, it was the shaft itself that gave out.

having said all that, your new shafts are really nice and as mentioned before, i hope you never have to have them warranteed.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My new axle shafts jsut arrived:

Old 07-19-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Here's mine installed with a few pics during the installation. It was extremely easy and took no more than an hour (minus a few beer breaks). HUGE thanks to Axsys for leading the install and to RubiJK for the use of his driveway

Old 07-23-2009, 06:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BryGuy
Your girlfriend in the this pic (sorry bro if it's your sister) looks like she's thinking "I'm really starting to hate this whole Jeep thing!"

By the way nice bumper.... got the same one.
lol....that's my wife and she's thinking why the hell am I standing out here in 115 degree weather! This install was a kick off before a big AZ Jkers party.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my Longfield Super Axles today!