Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just ordered my Longfield Super Axles today!

Old 07-15-2009, 11:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suffolk JK
How do you figure $8,000 for a front D60?
A properly well-build FRONT Dana 60 can run you upwards of $8k.

A Dynatrac D60 with a Detroit locker through Quadratec is $7132 http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...hp?kw=dynatrac

Here's also a post where Woody99 states he has $7k invested in his JK front D60. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/dana-60-front-93310/

So......give or take $1k.....a properly built Dana 60 can run between $6500-$8000+. My point is that for the cost of these axle shafts (with a lifetime warranty) you're ahead of the game on things that break most often when you off-road. Sure they are no replacement to what a D60 may give you but they surely solve one of the most common dilemas for a fraction of the price.

Oh......and mine just arrived!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPTwinz

That's great! Congrats!! I can't wait for mine -- they are suppose to arrive on Friday. I've got Saturday afternoon all set for the install.

After breaking two previous sets of axle sharfts (stock), I'm looking forward to these strong ones, and oh yeah, the lifetime warranty. Sweet.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SoCal_JK_2dr
That's great! Congrats!! I can't wait for mine -- they are suppose to arrive on Friday. I've got Saturday afternoon all set for the install.

After breaking two previous sets of axle sharfts (stock), I'm looking forward to these strong ones, and oh yeah, the lifetime warranty. Sweet.
Nice, we may be installing them at the same time then....lol

I heard you should but a good dab of some Mobil 1 synthetic grease on the ends when you install them to help with the install plus seal the it all good & tight.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
A properly well-build FRONT Dana 60 can run you upwards of $8k.

A Dynatrac D60 with a Detroit locker through Quadratec is $7132 http://www.quadratec.com/products/pr...hp?kw=dynatrac

Here's also a post where Woody99 states he has $7k invested in his JK front D60. https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93310

So......give or take $1k.....a properly built Dana 60 can run between $6500-$8000+. My point is that for the cost of these axle shafts (with a lifetime warranty) you're ahead of the game on things that break most often when you off-road. Sure they are no replacement to what a D60 may give you but they surely solve one of the most common dilemas for a fraction of the price.

I see. Didn't think they were going for that much. Could have sworn Dynatrac did a sale a few months back at $10,000 front and rear. Don't know if it was a sale only, or the actual price. Thought that was the price at all times.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:50 PM
JK Super Freak

I see. Didn't think they were going for that much. Could have sworn Dynatrac did a sale a few months back at $10,000 front and rear. Don't know if it was a sale only, or the actual price. Thought that was the price at all times.
You can get a rear Dana 60 for $3500 so paying $6500 for a front would bring you to that $10k mark though I would wager to say for that price you're not getting everything you need (or would really want).
Old 07-15-2009, 09:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Kewl, I'm gonna get some of those so I can run 40's on my d-30. Should be indestructable then .
Old 07-15-2009, 09:33 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

cv joints like this really are super strong but all that will mean is that your breaks will occur elsewhere. here's a shot of my dana 44 chromoly shaft after i broke it just above the splines....

honestly, i only wished that the break would have happend at the u-joints as that would have been an easy fix. unfortuantely, they were still in perfect condition and because the axle broke where it did, the break also took out my carrier bearings and that ruined the axle tube where the seal goes.

unfortuantely, that left me with few options and i had to either get a new replacement housing or upgrade. of course, i was only running 37's at the time.

it's nice that this company offers a lifetime warranty on breakage and for your sake, i just hope you won't need to be calling them on it as any breaks you may have most likely will not be isolated to your axle shafts.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And that is why I'm dumping no more money into what I have now in the frt. , D-60 seems to be the way to go, just an expensive one.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you figure $8,000 for a front D60?
I got a quote a while back from Dynatrac and the front pro rock was at a little over $8100.

Currie shows them at $5,000.
From the Currie site: "Additional parts needed to complete this unit are a high pinion Dana 60 ring and pinion gear set, Dana 60 35 spline carrier of your choice, and a bearing & set up kit."

Originally Posted by S10x1000
Its a little crazy how much front 60's are.
I got a quote a while back from Dynatrac and the front pro rock was at a little over $8100. It seems worth it though for hard wheeling or a lot of it!!
Old 07-15-2009, 10:57 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rcdude3
I got a quote a while back from Dynatrac and the front pro rock was at a little over $8100.
Yea it depends on your options.. I paid near 10k for the front I hope mine never breaks

JPTwinz

when do we get a side by side pic of my jeep yours and Scott's? It would be nice to have a giant run

BTW... I think you have the nicest wheel and tire combo on this forum congrats on the shafts

Quick Reply: Just ordered my Longfield Super Axles today!