Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just ordered my Longfield Super Axles today!

Old 07-10-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just installed my Longfield Super Axles!

These are the same high strength axles that have been used in Toyotas for years. It eliminates the U-joints and replaces them with a CV joint type set-up. Also incorporates hardened 4340 chromoly shafts with 32 spline outer & 30 spline inner.

Best of all.....LIFETIME WARRANTY on breakage!!! My install pics are on page 4 or 5 of this thread....

Here's a pic someone else took of theirs that shows the difference between the stock (top) and Longfield (bottom) pieces. That red boot fits over the ball looking piece. They're being shipped today and they said it takes 4 business days. Hopefully this will buy me more time before Dana 60s.

Last edited by JPTwinz; 07-19-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice i was looking at these. How much did you pay for them? And where did you get them from?
Old 07-10-2009, 12:39 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very nice. first I have seen on a jk Are you gonna carry extra plungers incase you rip the boot on the trail?
Old 07-10-2009, 12:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 1sickrubicon
Nice i was looking at these. How much did you pay for them? And where did you get them from?
I got the last set that will ever be in stock directly from Longfield. They are now sold through several distributors including RCV Performance (who makes them). They retail for around $1100.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
very nice. first I have seen on a jk Are you gonna carry extra plungers incase you rip the boot on the trail?
I would have thought nothing less from you than a comment like that.

The covers aren't needed to function. The selling point is that besides maybe some gussetts and a little axle strengthening, these solve the breakage problem that most Rubcion Dana 44s runnig 40"+ tires get.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Easy now

Showing pictures like this just makes everyone twitch a little. Give a guy a little time to digest the beast before you just up and put a picture right there in our face. You gotta let someone post

then you can give us a photo like that!! I also noticed the bottome picture has the C2's all covered up with some kind of bracket and someone moved the poor guy's springs back off the stock location. I want the springs and everything else that's on that Jeep by the way!!

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 07-10-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info. And you have one bad ass rig man
Old 07-10-2009, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That was quick - Aug 09 edition of JP mag ran a short pitch on these axle shafts, great to see them on a rig so fast...
Old 07-10-2009, 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by westchester
That was quick - Aug 09 edition of JP mag ran a short pitch on these axle shafts, great to see them on a rig so fast...
A few guys have been running them on the JK for a couple months now with no issues. And of course they have been in use with Toyotas for years so the design is tested true.

I hear the JK Rubicon OEM U-joint axle yoke ear will blow apart at 3872 ft/lbs wheras the Longfields twisted at 7604 ft/lbs. Another rig on this forum broke his OEM u-joint on a local AZ trail then installed these and tackled the same hill with no problems. So I have seen first hand what these are capable of.
Old 07-10-2009, 02:51 PM
JK Jedi

Come on man... you know it looks like a plunger... hehe

for real those things are bad ass. that photo of them installed.... lwhos jk is that?

lol... when I first saw you putting 40s on that thing I thought it would never leave the road. hah. Wrong. Nice upgrade, I can't wait to see the install.

Last edited by bigbluejk; 07-10-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Just ordered my Longfield Super Axles today!