Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just Installed Truck-Lite's 27270C LED Headlamps

Old 05-13-2012, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just noticed that there is no flicker with the engine off, but there is a minor flicker with the engine on. Hardly noticeable. I heard about an SMS harness that gets rid of the clicker. Does it work and how?
Old 05-13-2012, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK Dude
I just noticed that there is no flicker with the engine off, but there is a minor flicker with the engine on. Hardly noticeable. I heard about an SMS harness that gets rid of the clicker. Does it work and how?
Would like to know about the same with the SMS harness. My jeep does have DRL, hopefully it won't be a problem :s
Old 05-14-2012, 07:10 PM
cmg
JK Newbie

I have these on order and have read about the flicker vs no flicker, but I have yet to see a video of the flicker in action. Does anyone have video that shows the flicker, or is it not able to be captured on video? For anyone who has experienced the flicker would it prevent you from driving with them? Mine are supposed to come in right before I leave for vacation. I would really like to get them in to test on the beach but won't have time to get the full harness here and installed before I leave if the flicker is really that bad.

Thanks,
CG
Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by cmg
I have these on order and have read about the flicker vs no flicker, but I have yet to see a video of the flicker in action. Does anyone have video that shows the flicker, or is it not able to be captured on video? For anyone who has experienced the flicker would it prevent you from driving with them? Mine are supposed to come in right before I leave for vacation. I would really like to get them in to test on the beach but won't have time to get the full harness here and installed before I leave if the flicker is really that bad.

Thanks,
CG
Here's a video of the flicker. No flicker with the engine off and barely noticeable with the engine on. I never even noticed the flicker while I was driving. You can see the flicker if you focus on the dimmer reflected light above where the beam is focused and super bright. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQqDt_aE_uI
Old 05-16-2012, 04:32 AM
cmg
JK Newbie

Here's a video of the flicker. No flicker with the engine off and barely noticeable with the engine on. I never even noticed the flicker while I was driving. You can see the flicker if you focus on the dimmer reflected light above where the beam is focused and super bright. Truck-lite 27270C LED Flicker - Read below - YouTube
Thanks. If that the only flicker there is then I'm definitely installing before I leave.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lights look awsome!!!! i cant wait to get a pair of these!!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Attachment 315278 This is an off angle shot and pretty much looks like what you would see. A head on photo is worthless because it looks like a big burst of blinding white lite.
Looks great
Old 05-17-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AJAYR

Looks great
Here is a low beam and a high beam head on shot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-594239255.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	318077

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4163704782.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	318078

Quick Reply: Just Installed Truck-Lite's 27270C LED Headlamps