Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just installed Mopar Rock Rails (not Rubicon rock rails)

Old 12-09-2007, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another view of the rock rails!

Old 01-23-2008, 03:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

So these bolt to the body versus the frame (like some aftermarket0? How would the support they provide compare to after market?

Reason for asking, I can basically get these for free or spend the money for aftermarket ones; if deemed necessary.

Thanks
Old 01-23-2008, 09:49 AM
JK Newbie

I paid $508.50 for mine from a Jeep dealer. No shipping.

The attach to the frame in 3 spots. One hole is pre-tapped and they give you clips for the other 2 holes. They also bolt to the pinch seam. I think there were 6 (maybe 4) bolts attached to the rail that just slip thru holes in the pinch seam.

My son helped me install in less than half an hour.

My 235 pounds can stand on them with no problem. Makes it easy to clean the roof when needed.

John

Quick Reply: Just installed Mopar Rock Rails (not Rubicon rock rails)