Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just installed Mopar Rock Rails (not Rubicon rock rails)

Old 12-07-2007, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed Mopar Rock Rails (not Rubicon rock rails)

I just removed my plastic Sahara steps and replaced them with the Mopar Rock Rails. I wanted something that would hide the pinch seam and mount to existing holes, so I chose these. In the pics, it kind of looks like they mount against the body, but they don't. There is a very small gap between the rails and the body, which seems like a good thing, so that water can drain and they won't rub against the paint. The finish on them is the same as the Mopar front skidplate--kind of a matte, textured black. I only used my Sahara steps when getting out of the Jeep, and it looks like the Rock Rails will work for this as well. I gained 1.5" of clearance over the plastic Sahara steps by installing these. I don't do any hardcore trails, so I think these will be pefect for me. I thought I'd go ahead and post of pics, in case anyone else is considering these. I haven't seen any other pics except in WOL's pics from the SEMA show. These are very easy to install. I did the installation myself, although I did need my husband to help me hold them in place while I got the bolts/nuts started. They weigh about 42 pounds each.

Anyway, here they are (sorry for the garage pics, but it's dark out!):

Old 12-07-2007, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

those look clean. they look like rubi rails with that sliber welded on.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:47 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Spence D.
those look clean. they look like rubi rails with that sliber welded on.
Thats what they are.
Old 12-08-2007, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Got a part #???

What do those run? $$
Old 12-08-2007, 09:29 AM
JK Freak

I would like to know the part # to. Thanks
Old 12-08-2007, 10:13 AM
JK Junkie

The ENHANCED Rock Rails are spendy.

Just take the PRODUCTION Rock Rails to a welder and have the hoops added, then repaint or have them sprayed in bedliner. I want my sprayed in bedliner on the top and painted on the bottom so if I scrape the bottoms on the rocks I can just touch them up with a can. Then the liner on the top will look good and help with your feet slipping when you stand on them.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They go for $ 565 through any Mopar dealer. Cost is a little under $ 500 so if you can find a dealer willing to deal you can get em cheaper. Got mine for $500. Will be in and on next week. Got tired waiting for the PJ rock rails after was told they shipped again... and they were formed rails for a 2 dr.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks... I'm wanting the PJ ones too but seriously?? Spring until we can get them looks like mopar might be the way to go.

How are they as a step?
Old 12-08-2007, 11:27 AM
JK Junkie

Lots of people use them as steps. You just have to be careful with your toe as you might scuff the paint.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:12 PM
JK Super Freak

I bought the rails from Savage Auto Group. They have a website: jparts.com. They don't actually have them listed on their website. I just called an inquired about them. I paid $480.25 plus $25.00 shipping. That was $100.00 cheaper than my local dealer (who isn't willing to deal on anything!). They also have the rails on justforjeeps.com. I think their price is slightly higher. 4dr part # is 82210575AC.

Last edited by jckid; 12-08-2007 at 06:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Just installed Mopar Rock Rails (not Rubicon rock rails)