Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just installed AEM BRute force!!

Old 12-30-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08 R R Unlimited
After installing my Airaid kit...Noticed huge difference...Don't care
what anyone says...There is a difference...
same here!

david uses it.. so now i do.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:12 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HAOLE
... but I have tried air raid and aem and neither performed noticably better than stock...
OK! We can agree to disagree or disagree to agree. Anyways! Thanks for the Beer!

Originally Posted by 08 R R Unlimited
After installing my Airaid kit...Noticed huge difference...Don't care
what anyone says...There is a difference...
I've seen a difference in both my inline 6's (TJ & XJ) and my current "hampster wheel" (as HAOLE calls it). I also like it and have noticed the difference!
Old 01-03-2010, 04:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got the Brute Force also along withe the Jet Stage 2. My mpg actually went down a little, but I think that's attributed to my foot on the accelerator.
Old 01-03-2010, 07:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SNOWOLF
I've got the Brute Force also along withe the Jet Stage 2. My mpg actually went down a little, but I think that's attributed to my foot on the accelerator.
most likely.. my leveling kit i instlled made mine drop about 1.0mpg
Old 01-03-2010, 08:45 PM
JK Freak

you don;t have to worry about the hydrolocking until the entire filter is submerged and the engine is then sucking in straight water ... I had a CAI in my Tiburon for years and never had a single problem in PA eventhough it rains alot in the Spring ... just don't bury the intake in the water and youll be good

As for performance and throttle responce ... OMFG!

As for increased MPG ... yeah mine went down too cause I enjoy hearing that loud roar when I go WOT! So mine dropped significantly
Old 01-03-2010, 10:45 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HAOLE
I don't see how a CAI/intake can help a 3.8... I have a feeling you are seeing what is called butt dyno. Nothing but gears ever added to the performance of my Jeep.
It's called wishful thinking.

I use with my drop in K&N and when I really focus I can feel the difference the 3.8 feels ...
Old 01-04-2010, 06:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Dad's AirRaid is awesome. I have a K and N drop in and its nice, but doesn't give as much oomph as his intake did on my Jeep, so.... I placed an order for an AEM Brute Force today! Hope it gives my flowmaster some more roar! My dad's gibson dual with the AirRaid sounds like a beast.
Old 01-05-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Honestly in the end a cold air intake without any supporting tuning is hope for an increase in power at best. Most of the kits made by big name companies are simply a tube that 'fits' and a filter that flows 'better'. Some will put up a heat shield and some leave them open or run them into a fender/bumper area.

An OBD2 vehicle is pretty smart when you get right down to it. With that said though it knows what is going on and while it might want to give a little bit more fuel for that 'cold' air the fuel trim/maps/adaptations may simply not be able to do it.

I have watched cars/trucks dyno with a stock box and then with different intakes and watched them lose power. In the real world, outside of the companies sealed dyno room, your results will vary widely! You will see that many tuning companies for other makes provide an intake and software for it. Intake and a throttle body? Another tune. Also have a different intake manifold? Changed the MAF/HFM? Another tune. Simply putting a cold air intake on an engine with OBD2 is not an instant power adder. Certainly not enough that you are noticing it while flooring it on the highway off-road.

Proper tuning and setup needs to be taken into account. Jeep and everyone else has actual engineering into their airbox(many of which work quite well) and have air flow setup for the engine. Altering it can hamper performance without proper tuning.

Quick Reply: Just installed AEM BRute force!!