Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just great

Old 05-24-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

x2 on Discount Tire to plug and patch it!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:47 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Default OffRoad Tire Plug Kit under $40

Best value on the market. And the bag takes up way less space than a hard case.

http://www.jeepswag.com/offroad_tools/

Old 05-24-2011, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mikey214

I didn't purchase these tires from there and the puncture is too close to the sidewall to plug , . . So what can they do for me?
It looks like it's within the tread to me, but these places are too busy trying to sell you something opposed to earning your future business by providing service. I'd try Discount Tire too, they've been good to me, and pretty honest from store to store.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:35 AM
JK Super Freak

it is just a nail... a very large nail but a nail non the less... personally i would patch it up. those look like brand new I would just use it as a spare then from now on and will be able to get you off the trail.

I have a fairly large slice int he side wall of my spare its not loosing are at all but will still be able to get me off the trail and into a safe area.

Good Luck!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

For sure, hit up Discount tire... If you can't get it patched anywhere and HAVE to get a new tire get it from Discount...

But just looking at it, I would think you could patch it and it will be alright. Just make sure you have a spare just in case
Old 05-24-2011, 09:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Discount tire!

I have yet to buy any tires or rims from them as i havn't had a need or they did not carry the brand. They have always been good to me on patching airing rotating etc. Many times they have done things at no charge or "no worries no charge just take care of my shop guy" wink wink nudge nudge the guy pulling spacers and cutting clips got a fat tip and a free drink.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:46 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Hey Mikey,

Why do you think that's too close to the side wall to plug? And why not plug a side wall? I've seen guys stuff 6 plugs into a sidewall tear. Granted I wouldn't do that for a tire that's going to get used on the street, but it held air. I'd plug anything that's a direct puncture and wouldn't hesitate to use it on the street.

I didn't purchase these tires from there and the puncture is too close to the sidewall to plug , . . So what can they do for me?
Old 05-24-2011, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

That's what good year and STS told me ! And I'll be driving to upstate new York this weekend Dk if that's worth it
Old 05-24-2011, 11:12 AM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

K, I'm fairly certain that's B.S. I've got a buddy over at Milton and he'll know the truth.

There are very specific guidelines for tire repair and these guidelines are determined by a professional trade group. Not sure which group it is, but I'll find that out too.

That's what good year and STS told me ! And I'll be driving to upstate new York this weekend Dk if that's worth it
Old 05-24-2011, 11:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Woods
Hey Mikey,

Why do you think that's too close to the side wall to plug? And why not plug a side wall? I've seen guys stuff 6 plugs into a sidewall tear. Granted I wouldn't do that for a tire that's going to get used on the street, but it held air. I'd plug anything that's a direct puncture and wouldn't hesitate to use it on the street.
I had a Goodyear branded shop tell me the same thing on my wife's car tire this past weekend. They said if it is withing an inch or so of the sidewall, they WONT patch it.

Quick Reply: Just great