Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just got done with the fender chop! W/ 35s.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got done with the fender chop! W/ 35s.

Well my Uncle and I worked on chopping my fenders to gain some clearance for the 35s. I did this because when I had the 32's, I always disconected the front sway bar. I want to be able to still do so with the 35s.

Overall it took us about 4-5 hours. We were taking our time to do it right. Fenders are still very stable. I will be spraying bed liner tonight on the rear wheel wells for some added strength against rocks, etc.

This was completed with a dremel, sawzall, drill, sanding.

Before pics:

After:

As you can see below, we cut the inner liner to fit and secured it to the body using a bolt. Then spray paint to hide it.

This is before the spray bed liner:

So what do you think? I really like the finished product. I gained almost 3" in the front wheel well, and 2.5" in the rear.

-Alex
Old 03-26-2012, 11:34 AM
JK Freak

LOOK BADA$$!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:38 AM
JK Junkie

congrats on graduating to the DIY flare chop leap of faith, haha.... looks good. You're gonna be parking and looking back at your jeep as you walk away more than usual now!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
congrats on graduating to the DIY flare chop leap of faith, haha.... looks good. You're gonna be parking and looking back at your jeep as you walk away more than usual now!
LOL that you said that! I did that today as the wife and I went to Lowes for some flowers to plant today haha.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, def BA! I might even work up the nerve to do this to mine after seeing yours...

Old 03-26-2012, 11:43 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by ucfjeep
LOL that you said that! I did that today as the wife and I went to Lowes for some flowers to plant today haha.
What can I say? I'm a geniASS.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CF2010
Wow, def BA! I might even work up the nerve to do this to mine after seeing yours...

Go for it. Just make sure you take your time. But def. have a drill for the rivets holding the liner to the outside of the fender, sawzall for some of the structure that needed to be removed under the front fenders, a dremel with a good amount of cutting wheels, tape to mark it all off, and something to sand it all down with.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:50 AM
JK Junkie

While its not all that hard, I highly recommend having a 2nd set of hands. Makes it a LOT easier as I'm sure the OP will agree.
Old 03-26-2012, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

The best chop I've seen so far , nice job come to NJ and do mine !
Old 03-26-2012, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
While its not all that hard, I highly recommend having a 2nd set of hands. Makes it a LOT easier as I'm sure the OP will agree.
Yes definitely.

Quick Reply: Just got done with the fender chop! W/ 35s.