Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just dropped off my Rock Hard cage at the powdercoaters!

Old 07-01-2009, 12:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good i dunno which to get first the cage or new tires
Old 07-01-2009, 12:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rubious
looks good i dunno which to get first the cage or new tires
i have chosen to do the bumpers and cage first since i dont have a lift(my goal is a aev or teraflex 4" lift with 35's but i know me and if i dont get a bumper and winch to recover myself first and a safty cage to protect me, my lift will only help me dig a deeper hole than i can dig out of without another persons recovery system)

for me, tires are not an option without a lift....so i am taking the cage/bumper/winch route first. i hope i made the right decision..

BTW-Geeper's wrecked jeep is the reason i decided to get a cage enhancement in the first place. they look neat to be sure, but i had no idea how easily the factory roll system would crush.
if i wreck my jeep, i want to live and buy a new one and try again. thx for the pics. they are a real eye opener.

Last edited by Earth Siege; 07-01-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Texas Trailmaker
i found it! 4 wheel parts ad code 4W0809-VALID FROM 6/09 TO 7/06 for 20% off single item. I tried the code on the internet but it wouldnt go through so i called them and spoke with John and he hooked me up with the 20% no problem. i got the cage front and rear with the padding for both on the way. i got the 20% off on the main cage which knocked off $120.00 off the price. wow.

this is VERY cool. will be powdercoating the cage black after a test fit in the jeep. will try to post pics once installed. im still new to the forum and how to put pics in.
Awesome man! Let's see some pics of it once you're done.
Old 07-03-2009, 08:13 PM
JK Junkie

you have the sickest red Jeep I have seen!

It's lookin really nice

did you test fit your cage before sending it to paint? or just had it painted and installed right away?

Any plans for master craft BAJA RS seats? it would look sweet with the black and red

I still don't know why there are so many red vehicles in AZ
Old 07-03-2009, 08:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Lo2aY
you have the sickest red Jeep I have seen!

It's lookin really nice

did you test fit your cage before sending it to paint? or just had it painted and installed right away?

Any plans for master craft BAJA RS seats? it would look sweet with the black and red

I still don't know why there are so many red vehicles in AZ
Thanks man I dig yours as well.

I didn't test fit anything since I knew that I would keep it either way.

I'm considering seats as we speak and haven't decided to go with complete aftermarket replacements or just some Katzkinz. Rock Hard now carries a front and rear seat racing harness bar for the JK so installing some 5-pt harnesses would be a snap. I dig the Corbeau seats alot but installing just the front sets you back at least $1k+ for the seats, new sliders, harnesses and attachment bars. I would then have to figure out a way to match the rear since even though I would love to run with 4 buckets, I need the rear bench for a while longer in order to carry the 2 car seats. So I'm leaning towards the Katzkinz for now though leather doesn't exactly sit to well with me either.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:33 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Thanks man I dig yours as well.

I didn't test fit anything since I knew that I would keep it either way.

I'm considering seats as we speak and haven't decided to go with complete aftermarket replacements or just some Katzkinz. Rock Hard now carries a front and rear seat racing harness bar for the JK so installing some 5-pt harnesses would be a snap. I dig the Corbeau seats alot but installing just the front sets you back at least $1k+ for the seats, new sliders, harnesses and attachment bars. I would then have to figure out a way to match the rear since even though I would love to run with 4 buckets, I need the rear bench for a while longer in order to carry the 2 car seats. So I'm leaning towards the Katzkinz for now though leather doesn't exactly sit to well with me either.
sweet

yea on that cage.. I was thinking that there might be some grinding or cutting to make it fit better..I guess i'll send mine to get powder coated why waist 6 hours installing and making sure it fits.. thats a waist of my lazy ass time

When the door is closed, how much room do you have between the side roll cage plate and the door? is it tight?

------

as far as the seats go, man I'll tell you that it depends on your wheeling/driving style.. if you wheel your Jeep hard enough to the point where your hanging from your seat belt or side ways... it would be a good investment on some racing seats and a 5 point belt.. if you drive your Jeep everyday.. then that belt would be pain in the ass to put on and off al the time.. plus it keeps you from moving a little forward to look from your side mirror or whatever.. It's ultimately for trail use IMO.. but here is the thing you can run both belts on some seats.. and I beleive that the Bajas would do so

If you don't want to go that rout then your dead on the Katzkinz... they look nice and I hear the quality is good too.. and I too am not a big fan of the leather crap.. but at least you can get them in Red and black if that's what your after

I would really suggest the Bajas... man they are freakin comfortable and you can still use the factory belts + they come standard in Red and Black
Old 07-04-2009, 06:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sometimes I hate this forum/website, Just when I think I am about done spending money some ass post pixs of something cool and I gotta have have it. It looks great and nice job, here comes another fight with my wife on the money I spend
Old 07-04-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy rock hard cage arrived--sort of

my Rock hard cage arrived late friday and i opened the box-noticing the large hole on the side of the box, and pulled out my cage parts. one of the horizontal bars is missing.
i will call 4wheeldrive tomorrow and talk to john about getting the bar replaced or a new kit shipped. Im sure he will take care of it, they have been really helpful. i hate these kind of setbacks tho.
rockhard just used 6 black tie wraps to hold the stuff together and all the tie raps had given up and the contents of the box and slid back and forth due to nice handling by the carrier.
this is no fault of 4wheeldrive parts but semi poor packaging by rockhard and poor handling of the package by the carrier-UPS Ground.

somewhere in the UPS Ground network is a 4 ft bar being used as a boxholder or something, honestly how can u misplace a 4ft bar with horseshoes on each end, it has got to stick out!

the parts that did arrive are REALLY NICE
i cant wait for the rest of the stuff to show up and also get the replacement bar.
this will look sooooooo sexy when installed in gloss black powdercoating.
i also ordered the padding so that it wil have that -installed by chrysler look about it.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

I think this cage would have helped!

[/IMG]
Old 07-22-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
I think this cage would have helped!

[/IMG]
could have helped, but now its beggin for a new windshield frame and one-off full cage!! and on the insurance companies dime i might add

Quick Reply: Just dropped off my Rock Hard cage at the powdercoaters!