Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Just dropped off my Rock Hard cage at the powdercoaters!

Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, is it possible for your Jeep to look any more bad-ass? Nice!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that is awesome!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:52 PM
JK Freak

That really looks good.....
Old 06-01-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Freak

WOW! Yep, that looks just badass.......
Old 06-22-2009, 09:16 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here are some updated pics of the cage after I buttoned up all the loose ends (no pun intended) this past weekend.

At first I thought I was going to have to trim the Freedom Top panels to make the upper bar's collars fit but once I tightened the 6 bolts up on each side, they squeezed in enough for the top to just slide right down. You litteraly have to work each side bolt by bolt to ensure it tightens uniformally and that the bar doesn't move on you, blocking that pin hole towards the front of the OEM bar.

Another problem I faced was remounting the speaker bar since the bolts that hold the center Rock Hard bar to the b-pillar center roll bar stick down a few inches. With some moving & shaking I was able to get it to fit along with installing my Rugged Ridge rear grab handles.

I also flipped my rear view mirror since it's useless anyway and I de-badged my sun visors of those warning stickers which in my opinion, makes it look better and doesn't make your eyes wander upwards when driving.

Old 06-22-2009, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Thats one sic rig you've built !!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:04 AM
JK Newbie

Holy hell, nice!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks guys....piece by piece it's coming together.
Old 06-22-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Junkie

Wow, that's all I got, just wow
Old 06-22-2009, 05:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like your Rock Hard cage. I was in a wreck recently with my JK and I came out with just scratches. However, if my wife or anyone had been in the passenger seat the outcome would have been life ending. I just got lucky and it wasn't my time. God just wanted me to go down some more trails. I am serious about doing something to strengthen the sport bar upfront. If someone thinks their winshield will take care of a rollover show them a coulple of these pics. Your improvement could be lifesaving. By the way I talked about doing this last February when someone else installed this cage. On June the 3rd I tested the limits and found out that I need this kind of mod not just for pretty. I hope that no one here at the Forum goes through this kind of wreck. It stopped upside down on the highway with my head on the pavement with no top on it and the passenger side crushed. Here are some pics of what's left of my JK.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 06-22-2009 at 05:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Just dropped off my Rock Hard cage at the powdercoaters!