Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK secure cargo area build

Old 02-01-2011, 04:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like this too. I've got a labador retriever that travels in a crate. The platform will reclaim some lost storage and raise the pup up so he can see out the front window. Thanks for the post.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by f8259o8
I have been tryingto find some one that had done jsut what you did. I am just goingto have to go for it. but i am think of dimand plate we go topless a lot and rain sucks when you have camping gear, and cloths in the back ( happend twice last year ) with out a top on.
The Bestop Duster cover is well worth getting, either use it alone or on top of a home built trunk cover. It covers the trunk, and water runs off the sides in rain storms, and with some string to raise the edges against the rear seats it keeps alsmot all rain out.
Old 02-01-2011, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Love the new lower platform. I've been wanting to get the tuffy one, but don't want to give up all the space in case I need to carry something taller/longer in the back.

My biggest concern is storing my work bag with laptop inside. Your idea got me thinking that I could build an even shorter version of your design, cover it with black carpeting so it looks like stock, and if I ever need to carry something taller/longer in there I could still fold down the rear seats and slide something in.

If I got real creative I bet I could mount my amp underneath my "low profile" platform and maybe even a couple of subs closer to the rear seats....hmmm now your idea really has me thinking!

Looks like a trip to the local HD is in store for me after I do a little more brainstorming.

Great job
Old 05-24-2013, 01:19 AM
JK Newbie

very nice work, but how its attached to the trunk?

Quick Reply: JK secure cargo area build