Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK Rubicon --- Scratching paint

Old 09-20-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Rubicon --- Scratching paint

Hello,
I'm new to the forum, but been lurking in the background for a while.
Just got back from our first trip on the Rubicon with our local Off Road club. Left with 7 jeeps and I got to beta test my powder coating and new sliders.

Jeep is an 09 JK Rubi. 4.88 gears, 3.5" AEV Nth Degree lift, 35 x 12.5 x 18" tires on V-tec raptor wheels (now scratched)
Rock Hard front and rear bumpers on custom modified tire carrier. Custom sliders, 1/4" diff covers. Factory electronic locker on Dana44 factory axles.
Radios include 2x CB / Ham gear with high power amplifier and dual band ham radio to stay in touch even in the most remote areas.

Had a little down time due to a sheared off left pack on a buddy's rig and a snapped off Pitman arm. However, luckily I had no problems and never had to deploy my winch. We made it through leisurely in 3 days and had an awesome time.
Will post video later as it's being edited by our off road club now.
I was the only JK in our group on the trip, so I carried my own backup parts. Next Stop.... Moab!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0517.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	213350   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0578.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	213351   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0583.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	213352   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0607.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	213353  
Old 09-20-2011, 11:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UnWired
Hello,
I'm new to the forum, but been lurking in the background for a while.
Just got back from our first trip on the Rubicon with our local Off Road club. Left with 7 jeeps and I got to beta test my powder coating and new sliders.

Jeep is an 09 JK Rubi. 4.88 gears, 3.5" AEV Nth Degree lift, 35 x 12.5 x 18" tires on V-tec raptor wheels (now scratched)
Rock Hard front and rear bumpers on custom modified tire carrier. Custom sliders, 1/4" diff covers. Factory electronic locker on Dana44 factory axles.
Radios include 2x CB / Ham gear with high power amplifier and dual band ham radio to stay in touch even in the most remote areas.

Had a little down time due to a sheared off left pack on a buddy's rig and a snapped off Pitman arm. However, luckily I had no problems and never had to deploy my winch. We made it through leisurely in 3 days and had an awesome time.
Will post video later as it's being edited by our off road club now.
I was the only JK in our group on the trip, so I carried my own backup parts. Next Stop.... Moab!
I touched my wheels up with some flat black paint and it's barely noticeable even if you're looking for it. I masked off everything but the white caused by the scratch and sprayed it. Been on for about a year now.

Quick Reply: JK Rubicon --- Scratching paint