Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK pulling Hummer

Old 09-15-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

super gay
Old 09-15-2009, 08:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you guys just fucking with me or do you seriously not understand why competition is good for the market?
Old 09-15-2009, 08:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Atl JK.... don't bother, they REALLY don't get it. I KNOW it's a Jeep forum, this just in I own a rubicon JK so before anyone think's I'm a hummer fan STOP!!!!

But anyone who would just type GAY or Super Gay to your discussion about how having a V8 being offered by the competition and being out there in the market place and possibly making Chrysler rethink the offering of one in our JK's are just not worth the effort.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

pretty solid photoshop work. I'm impressed with the reflection of the rocks on the side of the hummer...almost makes me wonder which vehicle was ACTUALLY in the pic!
Old 09-16-2009, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

not bad on the photoshop... wonder what the jeep was really pulling if anything? but the tires on the hummer do give it away. still a good job tho...

and hummer running with jeeps isn't always fake...

proof that the H3 can take what a jeep can...

him and his buddy in another H3 ran with us on the blues all day at Rausch Creek. They did well and didn't get stuck once. And the guy in the Alpha said he used to own a Jeep but got rid of it because he wanted more power and room.

so anyone that says a hummer on the trails is gay, can just shove it. ETO (Equal Trail Opportunity). why should we shun anyone that wants to go off road with us?
Old 09-16-2009, 06:46 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is a nice H3. I like the H3 way better than the H2. If they offered a solid axle front and coil springs all around they would be pretty capable. For the type of offroading I like to do IFS does not work well, but for trails like above where it is mud and water IFS works fine. It is very expensive to get IFS tall enough to hold a much larger than stock tire, and tough enough to use it on the trail.

The H3 above is one of the best looking I have seen. Oh, and guys that think FJ cruisers are garbage should see the smurf blue one online that has a solid axle up front on a 4 link coil suspension. It has tons of articulation. I think a chick owns it too.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:14 AM
JK Freak

thanks for the photoshop enduced laugh...!!
Old 09-16-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't mind H3s, but you know, I spent a week in Ouray this summer, and I saw a billion Wranglers and CJs, a ton of old FSJs, a handful of Land Rovers, and even quite a few FJs on the trails. What I did not see all week was one single Hummer. It was disappointing actually.

(One of the more interesting sights was seeing a guy take a bone-stock Range Rover Sport over Imogene Pass. That was gutsy! I'm sure it had no problem. Imogene isn't that tough. But to take a chance on beating up your RRS!)
Old 09-16-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brent_f70
Exactly....As soon as I saw it was a H3 trying to hang with a Jeep I knew it was fake!!
Originally Posted by atomicmecha

and hummer running with jeeps isn't always fake...

proof that the H3 can take what a jeep can...

him and his buddy in another H3 ran with us on the blues all day at Rausch Creek. They did well and didn't get stuck once. And the guy in the Alpha said he used to own a Jeep but got rid of it because he wanted more power and room.

so anyone that says a hummer on the trails is gay, can just shove it. ETO (Equal Trail Opportunity). why should we shun anyone that wants to go off road with us?
Dude....relax!!! It was a Jeep joke on a Jeep site!!!
Trust me if any JK owner on here has respect for Hummers it's me....Here is what I had right before I decided to get a JK. As far as that Alpha owner swaping from a Jeep to Hummer - It all depends on where and how you wheel. I had one AWESOME H1 but on the Colorado trails this thing would get left WAY behind even a factory rubicon. Too wide, Too heavy for rock crawlin in the rockies. Like I said all depends on your needs.....Great for my wheeling in AL, FL but would SUCK to have it in CO.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
Oh, and guys that think FJ cruisers are garbage should see the smurf blue one online that has a solid axle up front on a 4 link coil suspension. It has tons of articulation. I think a chick owns it too.
I need to see this!

Originally Posted by brent_f70
Nice hummer. What kind of work are you in?

Quick Reply: JK pulling Hummer