Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK Hemi Conversion with Screamin Lizard Customs

Old 05-25-2009, 09:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Screamin Lizard Customs
Hey there is no need for hate on the forum. The JK modified is cool. There are not to many alike. This one is a cool piece of machinery. I believe that sometimes guys or gals get on theses forums for the wrong reasons. Please understand that we here at SLC respect and offer the best level of quality that we can.

GERRY
I don't get on here "for the wrong reasons" I am just not a fan of being called a poseur, or a hillbilly just because I don't like someones headlights. But whatever. I don't hate the guy cause he bought some ugly lights. I don't hate the guy period. His jeep is incredible minus them. His name-calling just show what kind of neato guy he his .

I guess "hate" is reserved for only the persons spending lots of money? Sorry if I hurt feelings. Was not my intention. I wouldn't have said anything about the lights if I knew the guy was a member of the forum. I would be defensive too if I spent that much money on my rig and then had someone say something negative about it. It is cool that SLC defends its high rollers, I would expect them to defend me too if I dropped that type of cash in their shop.

sorry this hillbilly poseur hurt your feelings houston0. congrats on the new hemi.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I don't get on here "for the wrong reasons" I am just not a fan of being called a poseur, or a hillbilly just because I don't like someones headlights. But whatever. I don't hate the guy cause he bought some ugly lights. I don't hate the guy period. His jeep is incredible minus them. His name-calling just show what kind of neato guy he his .

I guess "hate" is reserved for only the persons spending lots of money? Sorry if I hurt feelings. Was not my intention. I wouldn't have said anything about the lights if I knew the guy was a member of the forum. I would be defensive too if I spent that much money on my rig and then had someone say something negative about it. It is cool that SLC defends its high rollers, I would expect them to defend me too if I dropped that type of cash in their shop.

sorry this hillbilly poseur hurt your feelings houston0. congrats on the new hemi.
Sometimes its easy on the internet with no one in front of you to get twisted up when someone doesn't agree with what you like on your jeep. The tendency is to take things personally when you really should not. And with that being said , I am guilty and would like to apologize for that to all.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:13 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by houston0
Sometimes its easy on the internet with no one in front of you to get twisted up when someone doesn't agree with what you like on your jeep. The tendency is to take things personally when you really should not. And with that being said , I am guilty and would like to apologize for that to all.
I would have got pissed too. When one person gets excited about something they are doing and another bashes them for it then people get upset. I have had HID lights in the past so I can understand the desire to have the improved lighting. anyhow, sorry bout the comments. Your jeep is a bad ass machine man.
Old 05-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

HELL YEAH! I love biulding Jeeps and the customers are awesome. I love the fact that a person can totally biuld what there imagination can come up with.
Thanks for all of the Jeep guys that see the personal level when it comes to customizing.

Gerry
Old 05-25-2009, 04:31 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

That hood is bad ass.

Gerry
Old 05-25-2009, 04:44 PM
JK Super Freak

YEAH...Totally agree that hood is BADASS...
Old 05-25-2009, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Thanks buddy, but here is the scientific reason the jeep needs the Hemi hood:
It you multiply the force of the air into the motor compartment by pie squared, then subtract the loss from the heat build up, then multiply the loss by each increased degree of motor temperature by the square root of 4, and subtract the decreased air flow by the power of 2 times each mile per hour you are driving, you will find that with out the Hemi hood you have lost 75% of your motor that you spent so much on, you have gone from 420hp to 105hp! Which is 1/2 the HP you had before the motor conversion. Thats the fact, Jack!
So, based on these facts, I would ask Gerry for a Hemi Hood!
that is all true, I've seen it on wikipedia and even verified on snopes.com

Hey guys do you use a mopar fan and rad or is it all custom?
Old 05-25-2009, 05:46 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Thanks buddy, but here is the scientific reason the jeep needs the Hemi hood:
If you multiply the force of the air into the motor compartment by pie squared, then subtract the loss from the heat build up, then multiply the loss by each increased degree of motor temperature by the square root of 4, and subtract the decreased air flow by the power of 2 times each mile per hour you are driving, you will find that with out the Hemi hood you have lost 75% of your motor that you spent so much on, you have gone from 420hp to 105hp! Which is 1/2 the HP you had before the motor conversion. Thats the fact, Jack! Then you deduct the power loss from the Hids, you are less than 100hp, which is pitiful, with the Hemi hood, we have a special attachment that increases the air flow directly into the battery, thereby increasing total voltage to 13!
So, based on these facts, I would ask Gerry for a Hemi Hood!
so I have this bridge for sale after you get done buying that....
Old 05-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Custom Radiator and Mopar fan.

That was a great explanation for the Hemi Hood.

Gerry
Old 05-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

I can say the ones we have done they don't look bad at all. They are great though and bright as ya know.

Gerry

Quick Reply: JK Hemi Conversion with Screamin Lizard Customs