Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jk Hauls Tractor trailer

Old 12-20-2008, 04:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Jk Hauls Tractor trailer

I am letting the pics speek for them selves, only problem is the state trooper took the pictures.

Old 12-20-2008, 05:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, great pics, now we need a story tho about how you got into this situation
Old 12-20-2008, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like RubyDoo saved the day
Old 12-20-2008, 07:18 AM
JK Super Freak

I wish I had pics, but a former co-worker and Jeeping buddy did something like that with his YJ at lunch one day. (circa 1994)
The semi had pulled out of the Wal-Mart delivery dock and slid off the opposite side of the road. He was slightly jack-knifed, with his cab facing (mostly) down the road and the trailer blocking both lanes of traffic. The road was packed snow ice, so the momentum he used to get into the street took the trailer and the rear of his tractor right off the other side.
We had gone to lunch in the Jeep to eat, then play in the fresh snow. (It was our after-work thing to take our Jeeps drift busting on county roads after a good snow.) We saw the truck and he jumped at the chance to try out his new Ramsey Pro9000 winch. With the Jeep tied off to a utility pole up the road, the truck was winched back on to the road. We jumped back into the Jeep to continue our snow fun.

Jeep + winter = Happy, happy, happy me!

Last we communicated, he was up in Holland, MI. The last Christmas card I sent got kicked back by the USPS. He should have a few kids by now. I'm sure he still has a Jeep of some kind. I'd like to meet up with him some time at Silver Lake.

Last edited by sixt7gt350; 12-20-2008 at 07:20 AM.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Freak

Swwweeeeeeet! I wish I had a winch for this winter but thee ol' strap will do. Can't wait for snow! Awesome pics/story!
Old 12-20-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Freak

If anybody I know could pull something like this off, it would be you

meljr
Old 12-20-2008, 07:08 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The story;

If you look to the right in the last pic you will see a long line-up of traffic, I was back there. I saw it at the light but NOT going, so i figured it was stuck as the roadway was a sheat of ice and snow. So as i got by the truck I pulled in front of it and the driver hopped out and asked "You think you can get me out of this?" I said I believe so, knowing the day before i pulled a food service delivery truck(single trailer axle, single drive axle up an off-ramp at a simliar incline. So we got him hooked up and waited till his air was up full then I hopped in RubyDoo put her in 4Lo 2nd gear and locked her up then just pulled him to the top of the hill.
Unhooked and went on our ways. Simple and not complaited at all. Just doing my little bit to help keep traffic moving. The cop thaugh it was NOT going to happen.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Go RubyDoo! Well done! RubyDoo can do anything!
Old 12-20-2008, 08:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Man sweet. Says a lot for the Procomp Xterrains,
Old 12-20-2008, 08:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Wooo Hoooo!!! Fantastic!

Quick Reply: Jk Hauls Tractor trailer