Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jk got scratched by some fool at school

Old 06-17-2009, 05:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ToTaLlYcOnFuSeD
x2, but use polishing compound first (with the buffer). It's much less abrasive than rubbing compound. Only use the rubbing compound if the polishing compound doesn't do the trick. If you catch your nail when rubbing...body shop!! Sorry to hear it!
X3 - Can only judge by your Pic's, but the damage doesn't look that deep. I too would go with a mild polish-compound and take your time and go easy.(that's what she said) Good luck and if it helps think it could have been worse.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

sorry to hear that man! :(

PS: i like your first pic sitting in front of national
Old 06-17-2009, 05:59 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Sanjeep Binder
I would suggest owning a vehicle of about one tenth the worth of the JK while still in high school. Everyone one knows you didn't but it.
what do you care asshole!?-give the kid a break and remember what it felt like driving something cool--he said he saves up to mod himself-whether he had help buying it or not is irrelevant--his question was how to remedy the situation if possible-KEEP YOUR IGNORANT STATEMENTS TO YOURSELF AND--STAY ON TOPIC!--x's2 on the finger nail trick-I've learned alot from my bodyshop friends.-anything else can be made to "blend-in" or completely disappear--good luck to you!

Last edited by PIPES2008; 06-17-2009 at 06:02 AM.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sanjeep Binder
I would suggest owning a vehicle of about one tenth the worth of the JK while still in high school. Everyone one knows you didn't but it.
that right there is a bunch of shit. i worked my ass off to buy my JK while i was still in high school. i hate how people think just because a kid has something nice that mommy and daddy bought it for them. yeah sometimes thats the case, but there are those out there that actually have work ethic and work hard for what they want.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Sorry to hear this man. I came out to go to work a couple weeks ago and someone had keyed my new F-150, that I bought when I graduated college in December, from the front driver's side fender to the tail lights. There isn't a word to describe how angry I was that someone decided to key the newest vehicle in the apartment complex parking lot, especially considering I don't bother anyone because english is no one else's first language. Most can't speak english at all so I just nod and walk by. Hopefully you can get it fixed without a body shop, mine sadly cannot.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by XJ Kid 89
that right there is a bunch of shit. i worked my ass off to buy my JK while i was still in high school. i hate how people think just because a kid has something nice that mommy and daddy bought it for them. yeah sometimes thats the case, but there are those out there that actually have work ethic and work hard for what they want.
X2 I myself worked my ass off through high school and college so I could save enough to buy my vehicle outright when I graduated. So what if his folks did help him get it. If that is the case he made the correct choice in getting a JK instead of a bimmer. The couple dbags comments earlier are simply jealous that they couldn't have a nice vehicle when they were kids. So instead of flaming him help with input on how to make his rig bada$$ and an a$$ magnet when he goes to college.

Anyway X10 on the fingernail trick. Since it looks to me like its on your doors there is less of an inconvenience for repairing it. Also not sure if your HS still has an auto shop but if it does chat with the teach and see if they'll let you paint it there. It makes a good class for the advanced guys and might even get you some extra credit.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

First off let me say that it sucks that your jeep was keyed...Defacing someones personal property is pretty low...

but.....someone took the time to not just key your jeep but scratch out ASS and underline it..sounds to me like you pissed someone off, unintentionaly or not. I'm by no means saying it was deserved....Just seems it was a little more of a personal thing then an "im jealous because you have a nicer vehicle than me" thing.

Good luck on gettin it fixed, I hope it cleans up easy and looks better than new. Scratches on a Jeep should only come from nature

x2 on the leave the doors off the rest of the year idea
Old 06-17-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Thanx to all the comments and tips School is over as of tomorrow for me. I was really impressed with everyone's concern, it's a jeep thing you know, and regarding the dude who had the comment of me owning a cheaper ride or something like that.... i feel sorry for you since you have no love for jeeps... It is not about the price of the jeep but the love and how much enjoy it that makes it so valuable to me. The reply of boning the sister, gf and mom was the best Thanks mates. Cheers
Old 06-17-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get insurance to look at may need to get your JK re-painted....will look better than trying to touch up the scratches. You maybe lucky and it's just through the clear coat...then you can cut polish the scratches out!
Old 06-17-2009, 01:37 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by luisgus
Thanx to all the comments and tips School is over as of tomorrow for me. I was really impressed with everyone's concern, it's a jeep thing you know, and regarding the dude who had the comment of me owning a cheaper ride or something like that.... i feel sorry for you since you have no love for jeeps... It is not about the price of the jeep but the love and how much enjoy it that makes it so valuable to me. The reply of boning the sister, gf and mom was the best Thanks mates. Cheers
I am 100% on your side bro. If that is too much to bone let me know... I will come hump, I mean help. Nah I meant hump.

For real, that sucks... I totally believe in karma and I know that guy is going to get his. It took me years to figure out that I did not always have to tear off in anger and make sure that a-holes got theres... Sounds like you have a good cool head. You have a nice Jeep, use your insurance to fix it... thats why its there.

Let us know how it turns out.

Quick Reply: Jk got scratched by some fool at school