Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jk got scratched by some fool at school

Old 06-16-2009, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jk got scratched by some fool at school

I know it sucks, i go to high school and own this a 2007 sahara 2 door, some idiot decided it would be funny to key my JEEP... I don't mess with anybody and have no enemies or anything like that, i work a lot to buy myself stuff for the jeep and try to mod it bit by bit since im still in high school. When i first saw the driver's door when i got home i wanted to kill someone, so i decided to just channel my anger and go buy an alarm, ( got my parents to give me some cash with the excuse that something worse might happen to my jk) ) Well i also got the touch up paint, dont really know how to use it.... any tips?

Last edited by luisgus; 06-17-2009 at 12:35 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

run your thumbnail over the scratches if it catches take it to a body shop. if not buff it out with a buffer
Old 06-16-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Firedog
run your thumbnail over the scratches if it catches take it to a body shop. if not buff it out with a buffer
X2, that sucks man, I've had a vehicle keyed once too, I never mess with anyone elses property either, just not cool
Old 06-16-2009, 05:10 PM
JK Freak

I feel for you. I got my car keyed back when I was in HS. I was big into cars, and really took care of my shit (much like yourself) and someone for no good reason keyed the passenger fender on it. It sucked.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How to get the best repair out of touch-up paint:

1. Clean the scratch completley using a clay bar followed by a wax stripper.

2. Apply a thin coat with the touch-up paint. Let dry.

3. Using 3000 grit sandpaper (wet) smooth the area so the touch-up paint is level with the surface of the factory paint. Clean the surface again using the stripper.

4. Repeat step 2-3 if neccassary (with deep scratches you may repeat the 4-6 times.

5. Using a polishing compund (not wax) buff the area out to a smooth finnish.

6. Wax the area to a shine.

Touch-up paint will never give you the look of a factory paint job. But when done correctly it can give a very nice finnis that will make the scrathes very hard to notice. Be realistic with your expectations and take your time.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:21 PM
JK Junkie

Now thats low but looks like a easy fix
Old 06-16-2009, 05:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Firedog
x2, but use polishing compound first (with the buffer). It's much less abrasive than rubbing compound. Only use the rubbing compound if the polishing compound doesn't do the trick. If you catch your nail when rubbing...body shop!! Sorry to hear it!
Old 06-16-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

I would suggest owning a vehicle of about one tenth the worth of the JK while still in high school. Everyone one knows you didn't but it.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

i dont see the point in hating on him cuz he has a jk in high school...Ive seen people in high school with way way nicer cars...

Last edited by DeluxeJK; 06-16-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i suggest removing your doors for the remainder of the school year.

Quick Reply: Jk got scratched by some fool at school