Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK-Forum WriteUps Mini-Mod Weekend! (very picture intensive)

Old 08-31-2007, 08:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yellow Diesel Ruby
Just to let you and others know that an antenna has to be attached to the body of the vehicle at the mounting point. The antenna uses the metal of the body to radiate off of. The part you buy and see is only half of the antenna system. A horizontal surface from the base is the best to radiate from. You could help your install by running a wire from the body to the antenna mounting bolts however the antenna also should not be mounted that close to the tub.
If anyone needs further info on general CB antenna mounting, I would happy to email the article I did for a 4x4 magazine.
Would this be considered "grounding" the connection? I recently did some SWR tests and with the current setup I thinking I'm getting decent results. I get 1.5 on channel 1, 2.3 on channel 20, and I'm still below 3.0 on channel 40.
Old 09-03-2007, 11:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Take some hose (black vacum or gas hose) and a razor cut it long ways up the middle and put it on there, it will look factory. Take some pics if you do it.
Finally got around to closing the hole. I used a couple plumbing parts and some super glue:

Old 09-03-2007, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DeepSky
Finally got around to closing the hole. I used a couple plumbing parts and some super glue:

Well done, it looked awful as it was.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:13 PM
JK Freak

you are going to TOWN on that JK yea get a grommet....hmmm now to find some paint to match Rock Red
Old 09-04-2007, 05:50 AM
JK Newbie

All the mods look great and the majority are very low buck to boot I will be doing several of the these myself in the future and it was nice to see what the finished product looked like in the pics. Thanks for sharing them with us all

Dave,
Old 09-12-2007, 11:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

When you went to paint your speaker grills, did the ring come off as a separate piece or did you have to tape/cover the inner grill part?

thanks
B
Old 09-12-2007, 12:37 PM
JK Newbie

I like the interior paint too. Anybody find a color that matches Rescue Green?
Old 09-12-2007, 12:38 PM
JK Newbie

I'd hate to see what's going to happen if you ever take this rig off-road. With the antenna mounted to the plastic license plate holder I think you'll end up tearing it a new one. Make sure you post pics, lol.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DeepSky
Would this be considered "grounding" the connection? I recently did some SWR tests and with the current setup I thinking I'm getting decent results. I get 1.5 on channel 1, 2.3 on channel 20, and I'm still below 3.0 on channel 40.
YES! You need to ground that badly. You really should try to get your SWR below 2 on all channels for optimum performance.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ksroqclimber
When you went to paint your speaker grills, did the ring come off as a separate piece or did you have to tape/cover the inner grill part?

thanks
B
Its a part of the whole thing so you have to mask the whole inner grill part. What I did was tape the whole thing then use a razorblade to cut around the inside.

Originally Posted by TheLoneWrangler
I'd hate to see what's going to happen if you ever take this rig off-road. With the antenna mounted to the plastic license plate holder I think you'll end up tearing it a new one. Make sure you post pics, lol.
The license plate holder its actually kind of nice because it has a little bit of give (and I bolted the left side directly to the body). But you are right, if and when I do any serious offroading I'm going to stick a whip on there.

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
YES! You need to ground that badly. You really should try to get your SWR below 2 on all channels for optimum performance.
Its much better now since I got my FireStik. I'm below 2.5 on channel 40 and below 1.5 on alot of the lower channels. This is without grounding either.

Last edited by DeepSky; 09-13-2007 at 05:08 AM.

Quick Reply: JK-Forum WriteUps Mini-Mod Weekend! (very picture intensive)