Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK-Forum WriteUps Mini-Mod Weekend! (very picture intensive)

Old 08-19-2007, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice mods. I like the red interior trim to match the body color.

The only thing that worries me is the shovel. Get some sort of straps to go over the clips and secure the shovel in place. God forbid you hit anything, but if you do, that shovel would be wicked evil if it pops out of those clips and becomes airborne.

Originally Posted by DeepSky
Old 08-20-2007, 05:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gibeon
The only thing that worries me is the shovel. Get some sort of straps to go over the clips and secure the shovel in place. God forbid you hit anything, but if you do, that shovel would be wicked evil if it pops out of those clips and becomes airborne.
I'll look into something like that, but I think it should be OK for now. Those clips look cheap in the picture but they're actually very very strong. Its a struggle to get the shovel in them.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

lol yeah...I did all those mods with nothing but a cordless drill with relatively small bits. I really could have benefited from a dremel, larger bits, and a few other tools.

I figure I can find some sort of rubber grommet to stick in there though.
Take some hose (black vacum or gas hose) and a razor cut it long ways up the middle and put it on there, it will look factory. Take some pics if you do it.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well done. Nice Jeep
Old 08-20-2007, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

You can also mount the CB antenna here like I did. Looks as though we almost had the same bracket.

couple more pics in gallery
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by twinturbostang
Take some hose (black vacum or gas hose) and a razor cut it long ways up the middle and put it on there, it will look factory. Take some pics if you do it.
Good idea. I'll pick some up next time I'm at Wal-Mart.

Originally Posted by JKcarp
You can also mount the CB antenna here like I did. Looks as though we almost had the same bracket.

couple more pics in gallery
I like that mount location. Hadn't thought of putting it there, course I'm sorta glad I didn't because I wouldn't be able to fit in the parking garage at work without taking it off

Did you get your bracket @ Radio Shack?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Smile

Lots of great personal paint to make it stand out in a crowd.
Just to let you and others know that an antenna has to be attached to the body of the vehicle at the mounting point. The antenna uses the metal of the body to radiate off of. The part you buy and see is only half of the antenna system. A horizontal surface from the base is the best to radiate from. You could help your install by running a wire from the body to the antenna mounting bolts however the antenna also should not be mounted that close to the tub.
If anyone needs further info on general CB antenna mounting, I would happy to email the article I did for a 4x4 magazine.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:59 PM
_M_
JK Newbie

Very nice! We're nearing the end of the high $ mods for a while and we'll be looking for things to do to the Jeeps in the near future. I can see a couple little projects down the line.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:08 AM
JK Super Freak

I like what you did with the interior paint mod. I also like that the shovel has red on part of the handle too.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Did you get your bracket @ Radio Shack?
I have no clue. I've had it for several years because I used it on my TJ. It was a two piece mount that pinches together around something. I just used this piece since I found a place to mount it too. It was laying around my house when I first used it a few years back.

As far as parking garages, I just have to unscrew the antenna from the mount. Kind of a pain in the neck, but the higher you can get the antenna above the roof the better.

Quick Reply: JK-Forum WriteUps Mini-Mod Weekend! (very picture intensive)