Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK ON FIRE !! (video)

Old 01-16-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoke6
You guys can tell that is even a JK from that shot?
Towards the end of the video. Like around 2:08 they have some still pictures. The first one clearly shows it a JK.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the tow hooks off of it. lol thats not good at all. i dont want my jeep to catch on fire. id cry.
Old 01-17-2008, 07:41 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Engine553
Ahhh yep there goes another adjustable rate mortgage customer!

Every year we get a rash of new vehicles that just seem to burst into flames for no reason....well at least until the Fire Marshal gets a closer looksie...

If it's the real deal I'm sure that little black box everyone keeps talking about unhooking might just provide an answer...IMHO
That black box really only tells about vehicle data. Might work if it records trouble codes, but then again, who knows.

Originally Posted by spryde
Without any context, it could have been parked on dry material, cigarette inside, intentially doused, or vehicle caused.

Speculation only does harm in these situations

SP
They said they were just driving down the street, and it burned up. It seems like they're going a little out of their way to make a lie seem real, if they were indeed looking to intentially do it.

As far as speculation goes, this just goes along with the several others that burned up. People just driving along... and fire errupts. So I think it's a little more than speculation, and I don't see what kind of harm it could do. Maybe it'll raise awareness that Jeeps are burning up for no apparent reason, and cause more of us to raise our concerns with jeep. Like I said, Several members of this forum have watched their JK burn to the ground. One may have been because of parking on tall dry grass, the others were just driving down the highway.

Originally Posted by 08SaharaM6
That is crazy, I sure hope that doesn't happen to mine. Is there any info at all about this being another problem with the truck or just a coincidence like the others said about maybe a cigarette causing the problem?
The theory we have all come up with is it's automatic transmission related. The tranny's are over heating, and fluid is boiling out the dip stick to ignite. That, at least, is the latest JK-Forum fire theory. Since in the video they state that they were just driving along (and it looks like a mountainous road... maybe more wear on the tranny?) we can only assume it burst into flames.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by OCJEEP
this is gettin crazy, chrysler should probablt look into this......a little.
What makes you think that they haven't/aren't? Yes, history has shown that automakers aren't too quick to proactively issue recalls (i.e. Ford Exploder rollover issues, etc.), but you shouldn't automatically assume the worst.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

I believe there is an answer for this is the 3rd jk I've heard of this happening to. All described in the same way. I'd be interested to know if there all autos.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:06 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
I believe there is an answer for this is the 3rd jk I've heard of this happening to. All described in the same way. I'd be interested to know if there all autos.
Ordering a nice tranny cooler for mine just in case.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:14 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BodyGuy
Thats why I installed a trany cooler on mine. I also noticed while I was under the jeep that the fuel lines (plastic) cross over the exhaust almost in the same area of the dipstick and breather hose
PLASTIC!!!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool

i know i ordered flame red, but i didn't mean flame as a verb!!!!!!!!! scary stuff man
Old 01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
JK Freak

damm.another thing to worrie about,,this sucks,
Old 01-23-2008, 08:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default fu@k

i just stared at that video a tried to figure out how i could get my two year old daughter out of her car seat in time, man that scares the shit out of me

Quick Reply: JK ON FIRE !! (video)