Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK Fender Damage

Old 08-04-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most of the time the tree takes the beating....this time it was not the case!

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-04-2008, 06:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ouch.....insurance companies love us! Thank god i have public insurance here! They have no choice but to insure me.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gt3073b
Umm, take another look. There is a huge fold between the fog light and the turn signal. I'd hate to crunch a $1300 bumper. For that price, it ought to be right there with the cockroaches after the big one.
And that picture was AFTER I'd used the winch to pull it back! :-)

Yes, I scrapped a $1300 bumper, but the bumper probably saved me MUCH more! It bent just enough to absorb most of the impact. The "C", axle, axle shaft, u-joint, tie-rod, drag-link, etc., etc., etc., are all fine! All I had to do was re-align the steering wheel. I still haven't found why the steering was affected though - even after taking apart the drag-link and tie-rod. They're both fine. The problem might be higher in the steering system... I've ordered the EVO sector shaft brace as future insurance. :-)

I know how everyone loves pictures, so here's an 'almost camera-phone like quality' (it was really dark after the hail storm) shot of the Jeep after it happened. I'm not sure if you can tell, but that hill was fairly steep and was covered in wet clay. I should have winched down, but that decision is in the past now. :-)

js.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:14 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by BullsJK
Most of the time the tree takes the beating....this time it was not the case!

[IMG][/IMG]

wow that makes me sick!
Originally Posted by Camp Crocker
Man, one of these days I will understand that going out and tearing up your jeep is a kinda badge of honor. I understand that fourwheelin is a blast, I have done it many times, but I have never ripped my jeep/jeeps apart doing it. Sorry, but if it looks like its going to tear my jeep up going over it or through it, I usually go around it, I know, call me a PU$$Y, but dam, I can't imagine the feeling right after ripping off a fender, tearing off a bumper, flooding the motor, and it has to make you wanna throw up. It just reminds me of the rednecks famous last words, " Hey fellers, watch this!" And hell, I'm from Alabama!

Happy trails, and yes, I know I am going to get slammed for this post.

Pussy!!! LOL... I dont try and damage anything. I do everything possible not to damage the body... Skid plates are a different story....
Old 08-07-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evolution
JK Vs. Tree

This happened to our fenders this weekend...

Are these tube fenders??

Quick Reply: JK Fender Damage