Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK Exhaust (08 Sahara)

Old 08-19-2009, 11:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by motabus
flowmaster 40 installed yesterday, i love it!!!!!! i like how she gets quiet on the highway.. so far i love it and its not even broken in yet
How much for the parts and how much installed?
Old 08-19-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Newbie

came to $260 with parts and install, (guy said something about having to bend pipe to fit around axle..not sure why) and they put a nice tip i did not ask for but they said they put it on anyways for nothing. this was the going rate at three places i checked.. i picked a meineke (since flowmaster had this place as a dealer on there site) this place "crown muffler" was a little cheaper but was not listed on flowmaster.com so i decided to go with meineke (NYC area) . i think they did great ill throw some pics up after work
Old 08-19-2009, 12:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Don't have any video but I put a Super 44 up where mgeorge has the magnaflow and it sounds good. Had to put a heat shield over it because the floor in the back seat got realy hot (long drive 105 outside) but only cost me about $125 and 20 minutes of time.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=vet716;1216068]Personally I'm a big fan of the MBRP Off Road cat back. Great sound, and it moves the muffler out of an area that it can easily get damaged while wheeling.

X2 on this
Old 08-19-2009, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The MBRP is a hard deal to beat. Had I not had a friend who owns a muffler shop, that's what I would have gotten.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mgeorge15
Magnaflow 14" sounds great dumped before rear axle. $200 bucks installed at my local muffler shop!!

Hey that looks just like mine! How do you like it? It took a while for me to get used the sound. Although it's nowhere near as loud as any Flowmasters or Gibsons, it's still louder than stock. It has a slight highway drone thats annoying, but all in all I am pleased. The Jeep no longer hesitates when accelerating. Not much noticeable difference in power or MPG, but I did notice that it no longer hesitates to accelerate like it once did.

Looks good too!
Old 08-19-2009, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

MBRP Black Series. Looks great and has a nice deep throaty sound to it. You won't be disappointed.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

All I did with mine was remove the factory muffler and install a Hushpower II muffler after the y-pipe. I love the sound of it. I ran it without a muffler at all and actually thought it sounded awesome, it was just a little to loud for my liking.

As far as great sounding V6's go, I still say the VW VR6's are the best sounding ones hands down. Especially the 3.2L R32's.....they sound so sweet when you wind them up. I guess if you wanna get technical, they are practically an inline 6 (one head), but they have a 15* cyl. seperation, so they still classify them as a V6.

Quick Reply: JK Exhaust (08 Sahara)