Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK Exhaust (08 Sahara)

Old 07-03-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JK Exhaust (08 Sahara)

I'm looking to get an exhaust system installed, I want something with a deep sound and not too ricey.
My friend has a 350Z roadster and I can't get the sound of his exhaust out of my head.... I know my Sahara can't accellerate like a 350, but why not sound like it?

ANY advice is appreciated!!!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Personally I'm a big fan of the MBRP Off Road cat back. Great sound, and it moves the muffler out of an area that it can easily get damaged while wheeling.

If you do little more snooping on the forum you will find some great posts that have links to sound clips. That might help you find one that will give you the sound you are looking for.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:21 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wanted to get mine up outa the way of harm after destroying a few exhaust. This is what I cam up with after talking to a local shop. Safe, out of the way, and sounds pretty good.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-show-tell-33/new-custom-exhaust-92518/
Old 07-03-2009, 07:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Check out the Gibson cat-back dual exhaust. It sounds great (no rice) and installs really easy (my install thread link is below). You can order it from Alpha Expedition who is a vendor on this forum.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/gibson-split-rear-cat-back-dual-exhaust-install-80275/

Old 07-03-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately, our 3.8l will never sound like the Nissan 3.5l. Not even close. Its one of the sweetest sounding six cylinders ever made.

However, the 3.8l does sound surprisingly good with the previously mentioned MBRP exhaust. Just not 3.5l good...
Old 07-03-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Newbie

I've got the Banks Monster and it is alright but after seeing that Gibson I am second guessing my decission!
Old 07-03-2009, 07:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by travis.williams9
I've got the Banks Monster and it is alright but after seeing that Gibson I am second guessing my decission!
Don't buy a dual exit exhaust for a JK. You will regret it. It does look nice though...
Old 07-03-2009, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Atl JK
Don't buy a dual exit exhaust for a JK. You will regret it. It does look nice though...
Why do you say this? I don't regret anything about mine.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Why do you say this? I don't regret anything about mine.
I loved mine, just replaced it today though. Kept beating the hell out of it while out playing. It is definitley a step up from stock, but unless you are running 6"+ and 40"s like you it still can get in the way
Old 07-03-2009, 09:08 PM
JK Newbie

the nissanv6 is probably one of the top ten v6's ever made... ever. Those pics look great. super helpful thanks everyone, i love the matte black muffler and i can't wait to get something on my exhaust!

Quick Reply: JK Exhaust (08 Sahara)