Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK Budget Builds / Building in stages

Old 02-26-2009, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well qzing01, i dont think anyone cares about budget builds any more

nice gsxr btw

Last edited by axsys; 02-27-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by qzing01
It is me. Kind of a rude question....Why? Do you need to borrow some money. I am sure I could recommend a bank or two that could set you up with something if your credit was good enough.
you're right, you're right

very poor lack of judgement on my part. i was hoping you would see the humorous side as that is how i had intended it, but i guess sometimes there is no humor to be had......i apologize

for what is worth, i like your jeep. jeep green would have been my next choice if i couldn't have found rescue green.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

OK...

To bring this thread back on track, Here is the steps i took on mine:

My first lift, Was a Skyjacker 2" poly block lift with Hydro shocks... Cost $220

Then, I started adding the heavy shrockworks bumpers, Rockrails, And under armor

Then, I added the Warn Powerplant and some 2" Rustys Springs, But cant find any pics other than this poser shot

Here is the 4" Superlift, With 8 Currie Control arms

Here i am getting ready to take my JK in to get the new shoes installed!

And here is the current pic! 35" Hankook MT's on chrome steelies

Old 02-27-2009, 07:11 AM
JK Freak

BIG A

i really dig the look of your jeep!!

i wouldn't be sure about those wheels if i saw them on their own but they really work on your set up...nice tires...great stance and jeep green!!

nice unique look
Old 02-27-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

First week photo after debadging and painting the ugly stock wheels:

Another:

Then I added team sly tube bumpers, blacked everything out, added spider trax adapters/spacers with black Jeep Canyon wheels and 33 Maxxis Buckshots.

This week I bought a used RR 2.5 BB from the classifieds section on here and it will go on as soon as it arrives.
Lots more to do. I know alot of people dont like tube bumpers but I love them. I have plans to shorten them a little for a mid width look.
Old 02-27-2009, 08:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Stage 1 : Stock X (Aug 07)

Stage 2 : Shrockworks stubby, Warn M8000, 265/75/16 Pro Comp Mud Terrains (Jan 2008)

Stage 3 : Pro Comp Rock Crawler 97 wheels, RRC Sliders (Nov 2008)

Stage 4 (coming this spring) : RC 2.5" lift, 285-305 (can't decide) tires
Old 02-27-2009, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hbomb
is that you in the one pictureummmmmm........you got a lot of money or something

Old 02-27-2009, 11:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You guys have some nice rigs. I want shrockworks bumpers so bad... They are quality. That Jeep is so nice Big A. My fave color too. I have never seen those wheels before, I bet you are the only person with them on here. What is next on the list?

five-0... I am not crazy about tube bumpers, but those things are mega tough. My friend ran into the side of a camaro that pulled out in front of him. It bent his tube bumper maybe 2 inches, and busted his kc light. the camaro was a total loss. say what you want about tubes... but IMO they work.

Dremex. I love the way those skinny muds looked on your factory wheels. I love classic black wheels on a jeep, but dude, that was bad ass that way. Did it rub? what are the measurements on that tire?

You guys are making some smart mods. you can tell you all really use your Jeeps. I love it! keep them comming. Who is next??? I know some more guys havent gone straight to 100k rigs. I wanna see the budget guys!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

The day I brought her home.

After 3inches of lift and some big ole 35's

This is Stage 1.

I am beginning stage 2 armor and gears.

On the list:

AEV snorkus
still debating 5.13's or 4.88's
front bumper
belly skids
Old 02-27-2009, 01:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats a big difference from stock! that is a tall 3"!!! I think the 3" BD springs are the same springs they sell as the superlift 4". Good start. Oh... and go 5.13s over the 4.88 They drive like the jeep should have to begin with, IMO. It is just a tad bit lower than stock. I had the 4.10s on my auto and going to the 5.13 was smartest mod yet. Good start man.

Who else building on the cheap?

Quick Reply: JK Budget Builds / Building in stages