Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK Budget Builds / Building in stages

Old 02-19-2009, 07:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JK Budget Builds / Building in stages

I think all of the mega money builds like Camp Crocker and SLC are building are freeking awesome, but what about us poor folk??? I thought it would be fun to show builds from us guys on a budget. I am building mine in stages, and selling parts from the previous stage to move to help move to the next. I know some guys save a while or swipe the card to do it all in a burst. Anyway... lets see where you are at, and how you got there. I have just started my stage 2... still a lot to do!!!

Here is what my JK looked like when it was born... This is not mine but, just like it.

[IMG][/IMG]

Stage 1... 18x9 wheels, 33" ATs, mygig, 2" superlift, factory tow hooks, audio upgrades:

Stage 2... 35" MTs, 5.13s, 3" teraflex, OME LTs, more audio upgrades, hard top, CB, PJ stubby, more comming:

Last edited by bigbluejk; 04-27-2009 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I think all of the mega money builds like Camp Crocker and SLC are building are freeking awesome, but what about us poor folk??? I thought it would be fun to show builds from us guys on a budget. I am building mine in stages, and selling parts from the previous stage to move to help move to the next. I know some guys save a while or swipe the card to do it all in a burst. Anyway... lets see where you are at, and how you got there. I have just started my stage 2... still a lot to do!!!

Here is what my JK looked like when it was born... This is not mine but, just like it.

Stage 1... 18x9 wheels, 33" ATs, mygig, 2" superlift, factory tow hooks, audio upgrades:

Stage 2... 35" MTs, 5.13s, 3" teraflex, OME LTs, more audio upgrades, hard top, CB, PJ stubby, more comming:

looking good.. i'll be honest, i wasn't crazy bout those rims with the 33" ATs but i really like them with the 35" mudders... overall, a sweet looking ride good luck on the future stages
Old 02-19-2009, 07:50 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by yellowjeeper85
looking good.. i'll be honest, i wasn't crazy bout those rims with the 33" ATs but i really like them with the 35" mudders... overall, a sweet looking ride good luck on the future stages
thanks man.. mind posting yours..
Old 02-19-2009, 08:23 PM
JK Jedi

hahaha nice!!! it all started with... always the start of a good story! Nice jeep man!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:03 AM
JK Super Freak

i love those tires
Old 02-20-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Jedi

thanks man. Anyone else building there rig in stages? Or is everyone just going from stock to extreme!?
Old 02-20-2009, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

thanks man. Anyone else building there rig in stages? Or is everyone just going from stock to extreme!?
I could show you mine but I'm not done with stage 1 yet. If anyone has any extra money lying around plaese send it my way.
Old 02-23-2009, 11:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Stock:

6-speed, 23S package, Factory rear locker & Electric Swaybar Disconnect, 4.10 gears, 32" Tires

Stage one:

2" Black Diamond BB & Warrior Safari Rack

Stage 2:

LoD Front Bumper & M8000 Warn Winch

Stage 3:

285/75R16 Cooper Discoverer S/T's w/16 x 8 Procomp Wheels

Stage 4 (current):

Teraflex Rock Sliders, Kilby Evap Relocation kit & Tom Woods 1310 Rear Drive Shaft

Future stages will include upgraded lift, 35" tires, upgraded front axel, skid plates and who knows what else.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:28 PM
JK Jedi

Very nice JeepDad!!! Did you install the elec disco later or get it from the factory like that? what rear locker do you have? Love the jeep. LOVE the color!!!!
Old 02-23-2009, 03:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Super nice. Now that's what I call building in stages.

Quick Reply: JK Budget Builds / Building in stages