Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JK with 40+ Tires

Old 08-22-2015, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GrapplerJK
I've got much more than $1000 in lights; I don't understand what your point is though? It's supercharged, with a D80/60 combo, full cage, complete armor and recovery, and I take every opportunity to try and test every limited has so I suppose it with be fine.
A better look at the lights 😎

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-133506059.jpg
Views:	1408
Size:	677.4 KB
ID:	622271
Old 08-22-2015, 08:35 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got much more than $1000 in lights; I don't understand what your point is though?

It's supercharged, with a D80/60 combo, full cage, complete armor and recovery, and I take every opportunity to try and test every limited has so I suppose it with be fine.
Point was... You state you don't have a 50" light bar or angry eyes like it made you special. There's plenty of people who don't have either, including the guy you directed the comment at. But you have over $1000 in redundant light bars so how is that different from a 50" other than the light output? Don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house or something like that. It's cool you have a cage and $20k in axles, we're all very happy for you. Your jeep looks real pretty with the ripp decal, looks like that jerseydevil guy's jeep.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why? Lol. You guys are all taking this shit personally on how someone wants to build their jeep. The fact of the matter is, we all make our own cash flow and spend our money on the stuff we want. Quit making opinions or passing judgement for how someone spends their money lol. Freaking little girls. Cheers.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JE8154
Point was... You state you don't have a 50" light bar or angry eyes like it made you special. There's plenty of people who don't have either, including the guy you directed the comment at. But you have over $1000 in redundant light bars so how is that different from a 50" other than the light output? Don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house or something like that. It's cool you have a cage and $20k in axles, we're all very happy for you. Your jeep looks real pretty with the ripp decal, looks like that jerseydevil guy's jeep.
Lol, I didn't "direct" anything at anyone.

The point I was making, that you obviously missed, was that choosing to run 40+ tires is not simply about tires and wheels and some spacers.

There is a lot more that goes into doing it.

The great think about Jeeps is that we can choose to do whatever we want with them.
Old 08-23-2015, 05:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lol, I didn't "direct" anything at anyone. The point I was making, that you obviously missed, was that choosing to run 40+ tires is not simply about tires and wheels and some spacers. There is a lot more that goes into doing it. The great think about Jeeps is that we can choose to do whatever we want with them.
exactly. Idk why anyone would ever get their panties in a wad on here. Isn't it supposed to be a supportive forum? Lol. I like the jeep bro
Old 08-23-2015, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alp1n3
exactly. Idk why anyone would ever get their panties in a wad on here. Isn't it supposed to be a supportive forum? Lol. I like the jeep bro
Thanks. I bought the Jeep after I returned from Afghanistan last year and it's been my way to focus; it's more than just a Jeep

The problem with the Internet is reading intent and inflection.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:56 AM
JK Freak

A better look at the lights 😎

Attachment 622271
Nice cage! That's the plan for next year, add a full cage. did you do a kit or custom?
Old 08-23-2015, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks. I bought the Jeep after I returned from Afghanistan last year and it's been my way to focus; it's more than just a Jeep The problem with the Internet is reading intent and inflection.
where were you bro? I spent 2012 in tarin kowt
Old 08-23-2015, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I just want to add that I have an 09 automatic with an exhaust and superchip, 5.38 gears and it does plenty fine for me. I previously had 4.88's with 37's and my 40s with 5.38's drives better than my previous setup on 37s. Granted it could use more power but ever since I have had 35s I've felt it needs more.. Point I'm trying to make is I think a lot of people have a misconception on the different driving conditions 35s,37s, and 40s actually are. I wonder how many people that make comments of driving on 40s with stock motor actually have done that?
Old 08-23-2015, 09:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thegoat
Nice cage! That's the plan for next year, add a full cage. did you do a kit or custom?
It's a GenRight cage with some modifications.

Quick Reply: JK with 40+ Tires