Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

jk 2 door on 40s

Old 09-10-2009, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Based on the posts, I'm guessing higschool.
My thoughts as well.

IMO, 40" tires on a road-going 2-door JK is a bad idea on any number of levels:
  • cost
  • aesthetics
  • driveability
  • durability
  • practicality
If this kid is serious (I doubt we'll ever see the Jeep he's talking about mom and pops financing for him), it had better have Dana 60s, custom drivetrains, Hemi power, a 'big brake' kit and a lot of suspension if it's going to be used for anything other than limping from one Burger King parking lot to the next on Friday and Saturday nights.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
40s on a two door is gonna look stoopid unless you add a cargo nack.
Originally Posted by rubi4life
well, my parents said pick what you want and itll happen, grad present, so basically anything i need to get ill get, ive just never seen 2 door on 40's just 4 doors.
look up the jk "lower forty" the coolest jeep around forty's no lift, need i say more
Old 09-10-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Jedi

jeep thrills, I was j/k but the cargo nack is awesome!
Old 09-10-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why is this in show and tell...?
Old 09-10-2009, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Atl JK
No such laws in GA.

This kid reminds me of the kids we had come in our Jeeps store in Roswell, GA (not far from Forsyth). It always blew my mind seeing them tell their parent what they wanted and the parents bought it for them. Some sweet package Jeeps too.

Must be nice. I'm not hatin, I just don't get it...
WRONG!

Georgia's lift/lower law states that the factory suspension can not be modified more than 2" up or down.

And Forsyth, Ga is a couple of hours from Fortec. Your thinking of Forsyth county which is close to fortec.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepguru
WRONG!

Georgia's lift/lower law states that the factory suspension can not be modified more than 2" up or down.

And Forsyth, Ga is a couple of hours from Fortec. Your thinking of Forsyth county which is close to fortec.
Oh, he's in Forsyth, GA? Yeah, that's well south of Atlanta...

You're right. I meant no inspections and the cops don't seem to care for the most part.
Old 09-20-2009, 02:31 PM
JK Freak

Is that some sort of brace holding the xenon flares up in place to help hold their shape or is it something that I obviously don't know anything about?
I'm only asking this because my set of xenon flares on the front droop down like crazy towards the tires and have a warped sort of look to them and my set are the only ones I've seen to look like this. I really don't like it!

Originally Posted by joneszj
40s on a 2 door do not look stupid. One of my favorite jeeps on this forum...not mine...

Old 09-20-2009, 02:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by m_syer
Is that some sort of brace holding the xenon flares up in place to help hold their shape or is it something that I obviously don't know anything about?
I'm only asking this because my set of xenon flares on the front droop down like crazy towards the tires and have a warped sort of look to them and my set are the only ones I've seen to look like this. I really don't like it!
That is in fact a brace, but it's a factory piece if I recall correctly from when I installed my bushwackers.

And back to the main reason for this post:

The OP was very gung ho about getting 40s, and 37s being lame because all his friends had them, and his folks were picking up the tab for everything, so let's see a pic of the 40s on his JK. lol
Old 09-20-2009, 03:11 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by m_syer
Did your xenons not come with those black plastic stiffeners? I dont have xenons on mine, but a friend of mine does and im pretty sure they came with some shiny plastic stiffeners. His dont droop at all (they are the narrow ones).

corey d
Old 09-20-2009, 08:25 PM
JK Newbie

any news on this build? I thought I was spoiled by having a jeep given to me ( graduated highschool and got a scholarship)

but damn i had to put my mods on mine....

are your parents are looking to adopt?

Quick Reply: jk 2 door on 40s