Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

jk 2 door on 40s

Old 09-09-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats whatll ill end up doing. Im calling Camp tomorrow to see what he did with JPT and Scots rigs.. hopefully ill be able to keep up with the big boys when this all goes down..
Old 09-09-2009, 06:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Go for the 37's
Old 09-09-2009, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

idk 37s are the main thing all the jeeps at my school are sitting on. i perfer to be different haha.. 40s are the way to go for me. if i got 37s id get the hemi and my dad wont let me do that so its the 40s for now.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:12 PM
JK Freak

man I wish I would have listened. I was telling a friend the other day how I'd much rather have a mortgage payment than a JK payment
Old 09-09-2009, 08:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by racinfast002
man I wish I would have listened. I was telling a friend the other day how I'd much rather have a mortgage payment than a JK payment
Ah but a JK payment is nicer than a mortgage and a JK payment...

Sorry for the hijack.

2 doors on 40's look odd and unnecessary to me, but Burnsville's "40-something" Jeep on 42's with 3" of lift looks GREAT! Its in the October 4WheelDrive magazine.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:41 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rubi4life
my friends go muddin, i usually go i just hang back and usually watch, i usually go crawling with the older guys..is there any way to make the 44 strong enough to push the 40s and still get abused when crawlin?
I'd say you might get away with it for a little while as long as your friends don't tempt you to go mudding and you are easy on the skinny in the rocks. WOL, scott, and JPTwinz have all broken axles(Well i think JP has, but either way, he's running longfields now)
Old 09-09-2009, 10:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ridin' Dirty
Another thing you gotta think about too is checking your local inspection laws. I don't know the laws in Georgia, but in PA if I had a Jeep like that I could never get it inspected. Then if I wanted to sell it, no one would buy it cuz it won't pass inspection.....
No such laws in GA.

This kid reminds me of the kids we had come in our Jeeps store in Roswell, GA (not far from Forsyth). It always blew my mind seeing them tell their parent what they wanted and the parents bought it for them. Some sweet package Jeeps too.

Must be nice. I'm not hatin, I just don't get it...
Old 09-10-2009, 03:27 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mk-Dubai
if i were you and had cool parents id get a hemi in my jeep
x2

buy your own lift and tires and gears .... if they want to splurge to help you make your jeep different, then put your $$ where it really matters and ditch that saggy v-6!!
Old 09-10-2009, 03:28 AM
JK Newbie

btw ... from where did you graduate with what??
Old 09-10-2009, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 6DoF
btw ... from where did you graduate with what??
Based on the posts, I'm guessing highschool.

I'll be interested to see how this build turns out. I'd also love to see the school's parking lot that is overcrowded with JKs on 37s, with none of the guys being members here.

Quick Reply: jk 2 door on 40s