Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeeps in beautiful places

Old 02-24-2009, 08:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas Hill Country

Frio River

HWY 337 between Medina and Leakey

Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Soda Dry Lake in the Mojave Desert. Even stocks can have fun! There's more from the whole Mojave Road, which is a 138 mile off road epic! http://nobert15.zenfolio.com/p124719605
Old 02-24-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Junkie

Thats a bad arse pic thanks for sharing and welcome to the forum
Old 02-26-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Junkie

Old 02-26-2009, 11:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by nobert15

Soda Dry Lake in the Mojave Desert. Even stocks can have fun! There's more from the whole Mojave Road, which is a 138 mile off road epic! http://nobert15.zenfolio.com/p124719605
awesome pic!
Old 02-26-2009, 12:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nobert15

Excelent photo. As are many of the others in that album. What camera are you using? Did you shoot them in RAW, and did some touch up? Really nice work.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:40 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks! I'm using a Sony α700 with a wide angle lens. All taken in RAW and touched up with Photoshop.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mmcan
Frio River

HWY 337 between Medina and Leakey

Quite an acomplishment to snap a photo from that spot without the whirr of 100 Harleys flying by you. From Medina to Vanderpool has to be one of my favorite stretches of Lone Star State driving. It's also an alternative route to our ranch in Val Verde County and one I take all my non-Hill Country friends out on. Sorry to see the Frio is so low right now just like the rest of the state. Thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by rmwest
Quite an acomplishment to snap a photo from that spot without the whirr of 100 Harleys flying by you. From Medina to Vanderpool has to be one of my favorite stretches of Lone Star State driving. It's also an alternative route to our ranch in Val Verde County and one I take all my non-Hill Country friends out on. Sorry to see the Frio is so low right now just like the rest of the state. Thanks for sharing the pics!
Agreed that this is amazingly beautiful stretch of Lone Star Highway.

I would seriously like to move to Boerne. It's big enough and still small enough, and the schools have great reputations. But Big D is home for now. I could see myself retiting there someday, and being very happy.

Do you fish? Wondering how the rivers are right now, and I also want to make it down to the Devil's River before I get too old. My brother canoed that a few years ago and said it is insane. RUgged as Hell, but worth it because there are so many bass in it, including very aggressive smallies. On a 6 wt fly rod? Heaven!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mmcan
Agreed that this is amazingly beautiful stretch of Lone Star Highway.

I would seriously like to move to Boerne. It's big enough and still small enough, and the schools have great reputations. But Big D is home for now. I could see myself retiting there someday, and being very happy.

Do you fish? Wondering how the rivers are right now, and I also want to make it down to the Devil's River before I get too old. My brother canoed that a few years ago and said it is insane. RUgged as Hell, but worth it because there are so many bass in it, including very aggressive smallies. On a 6 wt fly rod? Heaven!
Well right now, fishing's not much of a challenge down here. The deeper parts of the river are filled with Guadalupe bass with nowhere else to go. That's more like catching than fishing, and there's not much sport in that unless you're a raccoon. Now the Devil's is usually another story, especially the closer you get to Lake Amistad. The river is one of the prettiest and least molested in the entire state and whether you're getting on it closer to our place or approaching it from the lake, it's a sight to behold AND the fish are amazingly massive. You owe it to yourself to go down to Del Rio any and take in a little culture at Ma Crosby's across the river. Seems like someone opened up an offroad park called Satan's Playground not too far from our ranch, so there's a lot of things jeepers and outdoor lovers can get in to in that corner of the world.

Boerne's a great little place. Turned out to be a great compromise for my wife and I. For a time I made a hand at being a city boy and lived with her in Fort Worth and worked commercial real estate with brother-in-law over in "the D word". I grit my teeth still just thinking about driving those roads with little Dodge Neons dipping in and out of traffic and my F250 Superduty grazing their bumpers while screeching to a stop. The madness.

Keep taking pics of the state. I was hoping to dig up some old college photos of backroad trip to Big Bend and the quicksilver mines. Yep, that was back when my NEW jeep was a CJ 7. I recommend the trip highly. Take care now.

Quick Reply: Jeeps in beautiful places