Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeepin Father and Son

Old 05-06-2009, 03:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jeepin Father and Son

Well, when I finally went out and got my Green Unlimited my dad decided he had to have one...so he traded in his nicely done TJ Unlimited for the Red Rock Rubi shown below. I had my lift, wheels and tires put on at the dealership when I purchased the Jeep. However, my dad has been driving his rubi around for the last few months stock. Well, here it is now with new shoes, wheels and lift. I can't remember for sure, but I believe he has the RE 4", 315/75/17 BFG AT's, and aluminum Pro Comp wheels.

I think it looks great and I know he's excited about it. Now, we're both just itching to get up into the hills together. So, I apologize for the poser shots, but they're better than no pictures at all.

Let me know what you think of his or both jeeps and I'll pass the comments on to him...he doesn't get on the internet much, so I'll probably be the one posting his pictures

Old 05-06-2009, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

father and son jeepin - AWESOME (both jeeps look very nice)
Old 05-06-2009, 03:58 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick08JKUX
Well, when I finally went out and got my Green Unlimited my dad decided he had to have one...

...he doesn't get on the internet much, so I'll probably be the one posting his pictures
Nice Jeeps! But you are such a bad influence. My son, who does get
on the Internet quite routinely, will see this and want to know when he's getting
his! Here he is driving mine at Disney, OK:

Old 05-06-2009, 04:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Nice Jeeps! But you are such a bad influence. My son, who does get
on the Internet quite routinely, will see this and want to know when he's getting
his! Here he is driving mine at Disney, OK:

I completely understand. However, I bought my Jeep myself...then again, my first vehicle when I turned 16 (12 years ago) was a 1966 Ford Bronco that my dad and I built together...and I didn't pay for that
So, sorry for the bad influence, but at least you two could go wheeling together...just get him a 2-door X with a soft top...relatively inexpensive and a good build platform. As you can see by my signature, mine is an X but I got lucky with the rear locker and sway bar disconnect However, I don't have power anything or cruise control or any of those other goodies...but it helped keep the sell price down and make it easier to convince my wife to let me go for the lift, tires and wheels.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:46 AM
JK Freak

Nice rigs!

My step-dad had one for a short time, but he ended up selling his in favor of a new Dodge Challenger and a 2009 Harley Davidson Fat Bob. Fortunately for me, I got first dibs on his aftermarket parts including a Magnaflow cat-back and a new Mopar off-road bumper.

Have fun wheelin!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:00 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 05-06-2009, 06:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I hope my 2 sons want Jeeps when they can drive! still a long long time for that though... Awesome to see!
Old 05-06-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm kinda looking forward to wheel'n with my boy.
He's 14 now...months
I've got a while before I can bring him along.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Very cool to be wheeling with your dad! My son's 13 and he's already driven my Jeep (not on public roads of course)! I'm in real trouble when he turns 16!!!
Old 05-06-2009, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you all for the compliments. My dad is the reason I got into four-wheeling. He used to have a fixed up 1994 Land Rover Discovery that we used to go in quite a bit and that's what I learned to drive in.

I've got two little girls (4 years and almost 2) and a little boy due in July! My oldest girls loves to hit the trails with me, especially when it's just her and I can move her booster seat into the middle. I think my other girl will like it more as she gets older. I'm also hoping my boy will like it too and I'm sure I'll end up building another Jeep or old Bronco for at least one of them when the time comes, depending on which one is more into it at that time.

My oldest girl now has her own "Jeep" (below) so I've got her started young and my littlest girl can't help but point out every Jeep she sees, but mine is her favorite

Thanks again for the compliments and I can't wait to have some actual wheeling pics of my dad and I soon.

Quick Reply: Jeepin Father and Son