Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JEEP rescues PORSCHE

Old 02-06-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MMO blk JK
I wish I could think that's funny... you know running a cayenne turbo off a wall.

BALLER!

still a good story though, glad there wasn't much damage, and nice looking jeep!
yeh my dad wasnt too pleased but i still cant understand wat on earth he was trying to do owell good thing that not to much damage was done but it didnt sound to healthy when it was winched up the wall you know the "rock on metal" sound
Old 02-06-2009, 12:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good story...... but you're actually calling your dad an idiot
Old 02-06-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robin
well not a total idiot but a pretty stupid thing to do since we have lived here for 3 years you would of thought he might have known there was a wall behind him. poor dad. getting old is really taking its toll. he turned 50 last week
Old 02-06-2009, 02:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by robin
I thought the same; I would never call my father an idiot, behind his back or to his face! But I might have just lucked out in the father department...
Old 02-06-2009, 04:19 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
yeh my dad wasnt too pleased but i still cant understand wat on earth he was trying to do owell good thing that not to much damage was done but it didnt sound to healthy when it was winched up the wall you know the "rock on metal" sound

OUCH....must have gotten snow blindness....thought it was an open snow field to back up into??? I am surprised the tow truck operator did not jack up the back end of the porsche alittle and slide something under between the frame and wall to help reduce the grinding???? Oh well....accidents happen
Old 02-07-2009, 02:39 AM
JK Jedi

Ouch, nice recovery though.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by scotlandjk
yeh my dad wasnt too pleased but i still cant understand wat on earth he was trying to do

Maybe it's the amount of snow combined with the summer tires that Turbo is running. Having spent 14 years working with Porsche, and a few years owning one, I can tell you that summer tires are impossible on snow, regardless of driving ability or electronic aids.

Old 02-07-2009, 07:50 AM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=iamsuperdan;935291]Maybe it's the amount of snow combined with the summer tires that Turbo is running. Having spent 14 years working with Porsche, and a few years owning one, I can tell you that summer tires are impossible on snow, regardless of driving ability or electronic aids.

[/QUthe snow maybe was a factor but those are his winter tyres/wheels. he's got a set of black 22's with the summer tyres on in the garage. i know what you mean about summer tyres though, they suck in the snow
Old 02-07-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Besides being parked in the shots, how did the JK help with the recovery? There's no winch on the JK.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

Nice save, so is Dad ready to buy a Jeep yet?

Quick Reply: JEEP rescues PORSCHE