Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

JEEP HDR's

Old 01-05-2010, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default JEEP HDR's

A couple of HDR images taken by my brother:

Driveway poser shot

During the rainstorm we had this week (doesn't happen to often here in sunny Dubai)

In the desert last weekend after the rain

cheers for looking
Old 01-05-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Sweet pics man < have you checked out that new skyscaper out there yet? I would love to BASE jump from that thing .
Old 01-05-2010, 08:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those pics are sweet.
how do you do that?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome pics! I would love to have a couple of my JK like that!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

very nice pictures, job well done to your brother!
Old 01-05-2010, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jason0341
Sweet pics man < have you checked out that new skyscaper out there yet? I would love to BASE jump from that thing .
Not been up the tower yet, but it was the opening ceremony the other day, you may have seen it on the tv.... it is pretty sweet, a couple of guys already base jumped it last year, check it out on youtube
Old 01-05-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
those pics are sweet.
how do you do that?
Thanks man, It was my brother that took the pics, I believe that you have to have the camera on a certain setting then take 3 identicle pictures, load them into a program which then overlays them all on top of each other... something like that anyway, I just tell him to shoot and make me a cool pic.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by AlmightyCrash
those pics are sweet.
how do you do that?
As dxbjeep mentioned, you have to take several pictures of the same object but they are no identical. You will either need a camera that takes several pictures, all with different exposure times, or manually do it on a standard digital camera. Once you have all of your pictures with different exposure levels you need a program to align them all. Qtpfsgui (yes it is a real program ) is one of the best HDR programs I have used and it is FREE!
Old 01-05-2010, 08:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just as an FYI those are not HDR photos. HDR is for High Dynamic Range. True HDR photos do not have the 'cartoony/fake' look to them. They capture all the details of the highlights without them being blow out and all the details of the shadows without them being dark. As well as all in between.

An HDR is created by taking multiple exposres when it is required and a single exposure will not be able to expose everything correctly.

What the above photos are is tone mapping and they have a bad 'halo' effect on them which is very obvious. Almost like a glow. It looks like a LOT of the shadow/highlight tool was used in Photoshop.

Sorry I am a photography and when I see/read 'hdr' I tend to rant.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mdywglr4x4
Just as an FYI those are not HDR photos. HDR is for High Dynamic Range. True HDR photos do not have the 'cartoony/fake' look to them. They capture all the details of the highlights without them being blow out and all the details of the shadows without them being dark. As well as all in between.

An HDR is created by taking multiple exposres when it is required and a single exposure will not be able to expose everything correctly.

What the above photos are is tone mapping and they have a bad 'halo' effect on them which is very obvious. Almost like a glow. It looks like a LOT of the shadow/highlight tool was used in Photoshop.

Sorry I am a photography and when I see/read 'hdr' I tend to rant.
Those do look like tone mapped photos from a single exposure, however, an HDR photo can be made to look cartoony as well.

Quick Reply: JEEP HDR's