Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep is Gone!

Old 06-04-2009, 04:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Jeep is Gone!

God kept me on Earth for another trail.

I was driving home yesterday when I fell asleep. I woke up just as I was about to hit a guardrail. It was too late to do anything but ride the full 8 seconds, and ride I did. I crushed the guardrail and rolled the Jeep at least once. I stayed upside down and ended up coming back onto the highway and stopped after several feet of upside down travel with my hardtop removed and my head on the pavement. I was awake for the whole ride and I can tell you it was some kind of ride. I ended up on the wrong side of the highway with smoke, oil and other fluids coming inside. I couldn't get my seat-belt undone but a trucker stopped and cut the belt with a knife. I crawled out got one of those rides in a van to the hospital. They released me about 3 hours later with bruises, scrapes, and otherwise dizzy. I got one heck of a headache this morning but I'm moving around under my own power with all my parts working.

From what the folks said that saw the Jeep they couldn't believe that I survived. That roll bar is more than just a place for grab handles. The seat-belt worked. The airbag worked. I am alive because of the safety equipment in the Jeep. I am thankful I didn't cross the painted line and injure someone else. I am thankful to be alive. My next Jeep will have the rollbar redone to make it a LOT more stout!

I'll get some pics today of my former Jeep.
I can't imagine not having a Jeep so I guess I'm in the market now.

This is what it used to look like:

Well I took some pics today so you don't think the story is a little exaggerated!!!!!

The site:

UPDATE: Jeep Replaced with an Unlimited Sunburst Orange- Starting over ... Roll bar beefed up must!!!!!

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 01-18-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you are ok. Could have been much worse from the sound of it.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

WOW. Thank God is right. I'm more amazed that you are already on the computer telling the story. Take care of yourself and get some rest.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Holly cow dude!!!! Glad your ok..

Chris
Old 06-04-2009, 05:04 AM
JK Super Freak

That is crazy man!!!!! That's awesome that you are OK......you have to post some pics of your JK......i always wondered what would happen if you were topless and then flipped upside down .........did your head actually hit the pavement or did the seatbelt hold you to your seat?
Old 06-04-2009, 05:06 AM
JK Freak

So glad you are okay. That really could have been a lot worse. It sucks about the Jeep, but I'm sure you'll get a new one. Hope you get all better soon
Old 06-04-2009, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Glad you're ok!!! I was in a crash one time that the person who was driving fell asleep. I was in the back seat. It wasn't even close to what you went through.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Glad you're ok.....
Old 06-04-2009, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad that you are ok and the only thing hurt is the Jeep..........

Moment of silence for his Jeep.....
Old 06-04-2009, 05:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, thank God your ok. Glad to know the Jeep's protective measures held up

Quick Reply: Jeep is Gone!