Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep fund

Old 05-01-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bimmer335
I got an american express high yield savings account its all on line so I can transfer money to it from my checking and it takes a few days to get back out which helps to deter and frivalous spending
Nice! I like that idea!
Old 05-01-2012, 06:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 16 and I work 15 hours a week, between full time school and 5 day a week year round football training, I don't get to work that much.. But I have a Savings account and checking, I keep 1k in the savings at all times for emergencies, and 300 in my checking for gas and random expenses. Every other penny goes into my separate high interest savings account.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like your jar better, mine is stuffed with IOU slips.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I've got a 5 gallon plastic water bottle that I put my change in everyday. It adds up after a few months.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by keithvegas
Lmao! Mine gives out credit too!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

I have an envelope I stuff with cash. I still save up separate for my mods, as it is deemed the tire fund. I try to put $40 to $50 a month in it so every time I need to buy new rubber, the money is already put aside and that way I don't take a $1,200 hit to my checking account.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by keithvegas
Originally Posted by 10frank9
Lmao! Mine gives out credit too!
This is why I set up a checking account at our bank with MY name only on it. I have direct deposit of my allowance into that account. Wife does not touch it. That way when a package arrives at the house, she can just roll her eyes.

Now the escrow account gets raided every so often...
Old 05-02-2012, 09:08 AM
MTG
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Smith08jk
I'm 16 and I work 15 hours a week, between full time school and 5 day a week year round football training, I don't get to work that much.. But I have a Savings account and checking, I keep 1k in the savings at all times for emergencies, and 300 in my checking for gas and random expenses. Every other penny goes into my separate high interest savings account.
Smart! I worked through highschool and played football and other sports year round as well...same thing in college. Always keep liquid reserves and save before you spend. Learning this lesson early in life will pay dividends down the road. Always, always, always pay yourself first!

end partial hijack and lecture.

As for my jeep fund...I am using some money that I had previously saved (not knowing what for) to build up my 2012 rubi.

Love the idea though...we use a similar thing for our kids. Three jars: 1) saving 2) spending 3) gifts. Money goes in each when they get it.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:04 AM
JK Newbie

I took a 5lbs MuscleTech Protien powder jug and cut a slit in the cap and removed the lable and just wrote "Jeep Fund" with a sharpie. My friends think its funny because of how big the thing is. Its getting full though, everytime i have change and a few extra dollar bills in my pocket i just drop them in.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:16 PM
JK Newbie

Love it!! Maybe I can sneak a "Jeep" jar next to the mason jars we set up for the kids. My wife knows I want some "toys" for our JKU (we also have a Cherokee Sport). All I need is a job!

Quick Reply: Jeep fund