Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Jeep Fire / Recall L -05

Old 06-25-2011, 05:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad your wife got out safe and had a friend close by......
So did your Insurance company take care of you? I would think they would pursue the issue with Chrysler.

We had a Chevy catch fire and our Insurance took care it.. of course it hadn't just got serviced but about a month later the Insurance company called me and said there had been several of these models, plus the Toyota equivalent have this happen. He didn't tell me if they got any money back from GM, nor did I ask...
Old 06-25-2011, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks everyone for your care and support, it's the first we have received. I'm going to use some of your ideas. This situation is really starting to drag me down.
Tomorrow I'm heading down to Bartle Scout Reservation to spend a week with my son and his Scout Troop. Cell service is spotty and data is nil. I'll get back with everyone when I get home next weekend.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry for you loss... we had a house fire a couple of years ago and I had to fight hard to make the responsible parties pay. Persistance is the key... do not give up, do not give in... and most importantly do not get discouraged.

If you are relentless... you will get what is rightfully years.

GLAD YOUR WIFE WAS OKAY...
Old 06-25-2011, 06:19 PM
JK Super Freak

This story scares the shit outta me. I had my cooler lines replaced about a year ago (I paid almost $300) I was notified of the recall a few weeks ago while I was in for the gas tank recall and was told that even though I had them replaced before, I should have it done again under the new recall. I was told the parts were on backorder and that when they were in I would be called. In the meantime I put in for reimbursement to DC and got a check for what I paid. Now that I see this video I will not due the recall...They are not leaking so there is no point anyways.

I would do all the facebook, twitter stuff as well as spend whatever free time you have showing the videos to incoming customers at the dealer...hell, post up on the street and try to show it to customers as they pull in to the dealer...just be safe and do everything legally. I feel for you...Glad your wife is ok
Old 06-25-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Glad to hear your wife is OK.

It makes me think of this quote from Fight Club....Its scary but probably true...

"A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don’t do one."
Old 06-25-2011, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Were these U.S issues or the Canadian recall thing?

Just bought my JKU a few months ago and my wife is due in a few weeks with our second. I travel a lot and she drives my JK when I'm gone. This freaks me out.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KillerJK
Thanks everyone for your care and support, it's the first we have received. I'm going to use some of your ideas. This situation is really starting to drag me down.
Tomorrow I'm heading down to Bartle Scout Reservation to spend a week with my son and his Scout Troop. Cell service is spotty and data is nil. I'll get back with everyone when I get home next weekend.
Enjoy your time with your son and don't think about this (it''ll still be here when you get home).

I'm sure all of us on here are willing to get in touch with whoever we have to in order to get this resolved for you.

I know that I will call, email or text whoever it takes.

Enjoy your time with your son and get back to us when you get back.

HAVE FUN!
Old 06-25-2011, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KillerJK
I've already been interviewed by a local news team. The dealer got word of it and stopped the broadcast.
I've been at this for a month - somebody give me something I haven't tried.
How can the dealer "stop the broadcast"?? That's really your ticket frankly. Find a good on air investigative reporter willing to air your story. Lawyers will just take a lot of time and money.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Put that friggin dealership's name up on this forum so our community can put the pressure on. Jeep has issues with the crappy 3.8 and tranny, but this dealership obviously did some shoddy work.

Glad you're OK and hang in there they're hoping you won't be persistant.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Makes me want to trade mine!! No vehicle no matter how cool or fun will ever be worth my loved ones lives. And the way in which chrysler is handling this is pathetic. If my wife saw yet another thread about a jeep fire we'd be trading it asap. They have got to get a handle on this situation before someone loses a life. Nobody can make a perfect product but any halfway decent company will stand behind what they manufacture. Just my two cents

Quick Reply: Jeep Fire / Recall L -05